Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 19:48   #1

Indigo Engine Problem

I Drive a Petrol2004 Model Indigo GLX model ,which is also fitted with LPG kit.

Recently i am facing a problem,that whenever the car is idling it shudders/Jerks in between.The same thing happens at lower gears and slow speeds.Also at 4 and 5th gear ,there is not much acceleration and after continously flooring the throotle to the ground car is only manages to reach 85-90km/hr.hence around 10 days back i gave it for servicing at the company outlet .Even after 6 days they are not able to fix the problem or even say what is wrong.

Yesterday they called and told me that they have identified the problem.i am no expert on car ,but this was their explanation-that there is problem between the connection from the vaprisor of LPG kit and the Injectors on the manifold.On taking the car along with the service guy to the place where i fitted my LPG kit.LPG kit guys removed the LPG kit injectors and reconnected the original connectors.The problem persisited .the LPG guys told its not the problem of LPG kit,coz problem is therein the original petrol mode of the car.

Now my Service guys are spooked ,best thing they came up with is to ask me to drive the car for a while(50-100km) and if the problem persist again they will check the same .
I did Exactly that and after driving for about 170 km(in petrol mode),found that the problem still continues and Insult to injury is that for the highway runing that i had done ,the mileage i got was only 8km/litre.Hence three days back i again gave the car to the authorised Tata service centre .Now i've been told that there is a current leak from "hot wire cable"( i have no idea what it is),which i have to replace with a new one(cost around Rs900).All these things are not inspiring much confidence because for the same problem,eachtime the service guys are coming with newer solutions.

Some other information about my Car
It has done a total of 45000km.As a part of
the service All sparkplug has been replaced,new airfilters,Coolant and engine oil etc has been changed.

Kindly give your suggetion what might be wrong with the engine.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:01   #2
BHPian

Are you noticing any soot deposit on the New Plugs...!

Also did you check the Ignition Coil, At times these weaken not neccessarily fail to be recorded by the ECU.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

Check spark plugs, plug wires, coils and then only proceed to injectors. Also a good time to do a compression check to see if all well with cylinder, rings etc.
Old 18th June 2008, 00:17   #4
BHPian

Have a fuel pimp check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check spark plugs, plug wires, coils and then only proceed to injectors. Also a good time to do a compression check to see if all well with cylinder, rings etc.
After the compression and spark flow is verified please check the fuel output of your fuel pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks