Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 22:30   #16
BHPian

thanks for the info highnoon good to hear someone taking such good care of their ride.
I regularly change my plugs and am going to change the leads also
Old 17th April 2009, 16:08   #17
BHPian

thanks for the tip

that mileage is amazing! never achieved it

I think i ll change the spark plugs, wire and air filter.

any other suggestions highnoon?
Old 18th April 2009, 00:55   #18
BHPian

I run the car on petrol now and then. I.e. 1 km. every alternate day or so and start on petrol now and then. Just got into the habbit since i had to clean the injector twice during the 26k km on gas. It may keep the fuel system functioning well or it may no be enough.... jUST hoping it does.
BTW , had the 'o' rings for my injectors changed at Modi Hyundai thane. Buggers seemed to have messed up something as car has started the occasional jerks / hesitation while pulling after gear shift.
I checked up with the serice advisor but he would not concede thy have done anything other than the injectors seals change.
And toay it actually misfired once on the gas .
Car was running so well latey with the best economy till date and now ' meri hi nazar lagagayi shayad... '.
Have taken an appointment with the kit fitter for monday. Till then hopefully no more misfires. or i may drive on petrol only.:(
Old 18th April 2009, 07:54   #19
BHPian

misfires on gas can sometimes destroy the inlet manifold because in gas fitted vehicles the mixture of fuel and air is in the inlet manifold which is generally made up of engineering plastics now . If the mixture is ignited in the manifold by backfire it can sometime destroy the manifold.
Old 20th April 2009, 18:47   #20
BHPian

right ! Have bought a new set of plugs too and shall visit the fitter and do a thorourgh check before switching to gas. Right now on petrol strictly.
Air filter getting blown is ok but the manifold and casing doesnt come cheap in accent.
Also my petrol pipe going into the injector rack had developed the leakages.
The hyundai Modi S.S. guys are careless. Not only they have fiddled with my LPG valve but also may have damaged the rubber petrol pipe.
The thing cost me 650 rs + 125 / labour. A not genuine pipe at that but unfortunately no option as these things are not so easily available off the shelf in the suburbs of mumbai.
I guess thats why MARUTI & TATA vehicles are easier ( cheaper ) to maintain after warranty.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 20th April 2009 at 18:50.
Old 15th May 2009, 23:00   #21
BHPian

Update @ 52520 km !

Misfire problem finally solved - simply by reducing the plug gap ! ( Had changed it at my regular mech. and he'd installed the new ones with default gap ) also changed plug wires ( THG make Malaysia ). The LPG fitter simply cleaned the plugs and reset the gap.

Also foul smell accompanied by hesitation and vibration noticed. The ignition coil weakened as one node was hardly sparking. Got a Mobis ( korea ) make from opera house ( BJS motors ) cost Rs.1750/- plus labour.

Also one injector was almost choked. replaced for Rs.400/- plus labour. Other 3 inectors cleaned.

Third cleaning of the injectors within 25000km. This is a problem really inspite of some amount of running on petrol everyday and system G.

Car back to peak performance. Very smooth and free rolling.

this is my 3rd experience of performance on LPG going down and a little tinkering needed by means of plugs and wire change. this time along with ignition coil and one injector change.

Saving on fuel money by means of using alternate fuel comes at a price.
Old 21st May 2009, 18:21   #22
BHPian

Hi Highnoon. Can you PM me the contact details of your LPG mech?

My car is due for a LPG service.

Thanks.
Old 25th May 2009, 19:12   #23
BHPian

Hi Ralstonraz,
The vendor name is AUTO CONCEPTS
the location is opposite 5D resturant , same side as TANGENT showroom, chinchavali bunder cross link rd, Malad (w)
Contact person - Umangbhai -9920067826
regards,
Kedar
Old 14th December 2009, 22:17   #24
BHPian

The service interval for a LPg retrofitted car ought to be not more than 5000km or 6 months whichever is early. Rather than the 10000km /6 months interval specified by the manufacturer for a petrol car.
Though the oil seems to hold out pretty well for the retrofitted car , i just dont buy the theory that your oil changes can be less frequent on the alternate fuel.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
The service interval for a LPg retrofitted car ought to be not more than 5000km or 6 months whichever is early. Rather than the 10000km /6 months interval specified by the manufacturer for a petrol car.
Though the oil seems to hold out pretty well for the retrofitted car , i just dont buy the theory that your oil changes can be less frequent on the alternate fuel.
yes kedar, oil change should not be less frequent for sure. but here you are saying that it has to be more frequent. why is that so?
cheers,
Harsha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks