Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 11:54   #1
BHPian

Local Mechanic for Opel Astra in Bangalore

Hi All,
A friend of mine has bought an used Astra a couple of months ago. There are some issues which he needs to get rectified with the vehicle but he doesnt want to visit the GM showroom as they are far too expensive. He wants to consult a good local mechanic. He says most Astra's spares are available in Bangalore JC Road so its all about diagnosing and replacing the parts.

Could anyone please suggest a reliable guy in Bangalore who does a decent job with Astra ? He stays near Indiranagar so a mechanic nearby would be even better.

regards
Old 8th July 2008, 12:14   #2
BHPian

Opel Astra Cheap to buy Costly to Maintain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Hi All,
A friend of mine has bought an used Astra a couple of months ago. There are some issues which he needs to get rectified with the vehicle but he doesnt want to visit the GM showroom as they are far too expensive. He wants to consult a good local mechanic. He says most Astra's spares are available in Bangalore JC Road so its all about diagnosing and replacing the parts.

Could anyone please suggest a reliable guy in Bangalore who does a decent job with Astra ? He stays near Indiranagar so a mechanic nearby would be even better.

regards
Dear friend
Opel Astra can be bought for as less as Rs 50,000 for the high end model. Its easy to get spares in JC Road but they are not original. So you need to keep on changing the spares regulary with is a headache. Almost all pvt garrages do mechanic jobs of Opel Astra. I live in Basaveshwaranagar and there are many such garrages on the west of chord road. You can consult them to get the car repaired.
Old 8th July 2008, 12:17   #3
BHPian

Basaveshwaranagar would be too far for him I suppose.
Old 8th July 2008, 12:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

suraaksha in adugodi should be able to assist
Old 8th July 2008, 12:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

pani why don't you PM fellow member badri on the forum? He used to own one and should be able to guide you to a good mechanic.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:53   #6
BHPian

Looking for a competent mechanic for Opel Astra

Friends,
I am from Bangalore. I drive a 8 year old Opel Astra. Very soon I may need to do up the suspension and clutch plates. I am looking for a competent Garage who can handle Opel Cars confidently and do a neat job. I am currently visiting ZTech Motors in Ejipura for small repair issues. While they are okay, I am not very confident about giving them the car for major jobs. I am looking for guys with higher grade of expertize in handling European cars. I am sure there would be few of them in Bangalore. Please advise if you know any.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:16   #7

Re: Local Mechanic for Opel Astra in Bangalore

Hi Guys,

I have an Astra 1.6 97 model, off late it is giving me lot of trouble specially on the highways, at low speeds when i change gear and start revving, the car starts to jerk heavily as if there is no fuel supply to the engine. Twice it stopped abruptly while trying to overtake a bus. Another thing is the front left suspension makes a metal knocking sound whenever anything uneven comes below the wheel. I used to get it serviced from a local mechanic named Kiran of Jagathe cars which is opposite to the K R Puram railway station (on the left hand side further down the road towards Tin Factory) but I am not happy with the quality of service that I have received. Can someone please tell me which reliable mechanic can i visit to get rid of the problems.I stay in Banaswadi and somewhere close by would be better...

Mods: I could not find any detailed info hence thought of posting on this thread, please let me know if one exists (latest ones)...
Old 25th April 2011, 15:30   #8
BHPian

Hey you can contact Manoj at ZTech Motors in Koramangala. His number is 9880409123. I have been getting my car serviced at his place for the last 2 years and I am happy. He knows this car well.
Pani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 15:55   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev247 View Post
... at low speeds when i change gear and start revving, the car starts to jerk heavily as if there is no fuel supply to the engine...
... Another thing is the front left suspension makes a metal knocking sound whenever anything uneven comes below the wheel...
Problem 1: Sounds like a faulty fuel pump.
Problem 2: Check lower arm and ball joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Hey you can contact Manoj at ZTech Motors in Koramangala. His number is 9880409123. I have been getting my car serviced at his place for the last 2 years and I am happy. He knows this car well.
Pani, can the above mentioned mech take care if an Opel Astra Diesel?. Or he does only petrol's?
Old 25th April 2011, 15:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Pani, can the above mentioned mech take care if an Opel Astra Diesel?. Or he does only petrol's?
He does both. He even does a lot of the older Toyotas and Nissans.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:09   #11

@ Pani, thanks a ton, called him up and he suspects got to do with the connections and shocks he needs to check, appointment fixed for weekend thanks again for ur help...
Old 24th July 2016, 20:34   #12
BHPian

If you are talking about manoj who was at carsmith then I think you should rethink your decision. He talks big and gives you a lot of false claims. This guy has zero commitment and bills through the nose. His technical knowledge is highly questionable as my brother had personally dealt with him and on both occasions he screwed up the vehicle. This incident just took place a few days back and hence just keep away from the guy.
If I'm not mistaken he has been removed from the garage he was associated just because of this.
He did even mess up an S Class last fortnight and finally my mechanic had intervened on the phone and helped this guy out. One word stay away from this smooth talker. You will be taken for a joyride
Attached Thumbnails
Local Mechanic for Opel Astra in Bangalore-20160706_163315.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks