Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 23:02   #1
BHPian

Weird And Wacky Repair Jobs

This thread is inspired from the thread 'Weird and Wacky Modifications'. I encourage everyone to post the various wierd and wacky repair jobs they must have seen during their automotive experiences.

I would like to share one such experience.

Today while coming home, I saw a bright orange and white Fiat (MH-04-N-85**) with its bonnet open 200 meters from my house. Since it was a Fiat, I had to stop. After figuring out what was wrong with the car I got to know that its carburetor fuel inlet had broken. The commerce background owner of the car didnt know what to do with the free hanging fuel pipe.

By the time I had reached the venue the DIY owner had already managed to insert the 17mm fuel pipe over a smaller diameter T joint vaccum tube which went directly to the distributor and carburetor vaccum intake . He was actually trying to mix petrol and 24000 volts of current in the distributor. I took control over the situation and advised the owner to only watch with his mouth shut ! For the first 15 minutes I was only cursing the owner while simultaneously fitting a new fuel inlet pipe.

After some questioning I got to know that the owner was being guided over the phone by someone however the owner didnt know the difference between a carburetor and distributor and had filled petrol in the distributor (as usual the two small vent holes were blocked with grease and the petrol remained inside). After fixing his car I didnt know whether to laugh at the innocence (or stupidity or overconfidence) of the owner or curse him for the big blast that would have happened if I would have reached the place a minute late. Nevertheless the thanked me nearly a hundred times before he zoomed off to his destination. Even after 3 hours of the incident, I still cannot stop laughing.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
adheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 23:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Title does not warrant sufficient merit for a new thread. Please continue related contributions in the existing Wierd and Whacky Modifications thread.

Thread closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks