Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 16:05   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Green Cotton Filter : Viva CRDi

As an addition to my recent acquisition of the Pete's Box for my Accent Viva CRDi, i am looking forward to changing the air filter thereby allowing the engine to breathe a bit more easier. I have honed down my choice to Green Cotton stock replacement filter ( Rs.4200 ) or Green Cotton Storm Filter (Rs. 5850).

Now the latter which is a part of a complete CAI kit, can only be fitted as is and no induction pipes as it seems it is not possible to do within the Accent's engine bay as there is no space, everything is already put together so tightly ( tried it in a friends car).

So does it make sense to go for a Storm even if no piping is changed? or just stick to the replacement one?

Though this topic may have been discussed to death, i still would like to get inputs from users regarding their experience, What to expect and not expect et.all. I am planning to get this done over this weekend

TIA for your inputs!
Old 31st July 2008, 19:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

IMO if your not going to install the cai piping then theres no point in buying a cai.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
IMO if your not going to install the cai piping then theres no point in buying a cai.
75 views and only one response

Thanks Akshay, i will go in for the replacment filter.
Old 6th October 2008, 10:17   #4

Green Cotton Air Filter

Hi friends

I am on the look out of a Green Cotton Air filter for my Verna CRDi. It is available in market. I checked 2 to 3 shops in trivandrum and it seems like it is not available and only K&N is out there everywhere.
Any idea on which is best?

Cheers
Pradeep

Note from TBHP Support: Please continue the discussion in one of the existing threads.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th October 2008 at 11:34.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you are interested in Green cotton, PM turboindia and he will courier it to you. Will the K&N guys in TVM fit a green cotton for you? Both are good filters. If you are planning for a replacement filter, i suggest K&N.
Old 6th October 2008, 14:30   #6
BHPian

There was no piping change in the Swift as well when i got myself a Green cotton Wind filter.
It has made a huge difference over the stock filter.

And performs very well with the Petes Box as well.

I would happily recommend the CAI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks