Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 10:07   #1
gpa
Senior - BHPian

New Alto : Suspension squeaking!

Hello All,

This is my first post here and would like to ask you guys for some help. I have recently bought a brand new Alto LXi (May 24, 2008) and have completed about 2800kms as of today.

The car is good and much better than the Maruti 800 I was driving for the last 5 years. However, about 3weeks ago, a strange squeaky noise started coming in from the left rear coil spring suspension setup. I straight away took it to MASS (Mandovi Motors) on a Saturday morning and got it checked. The technician removed all the nuts and botls of the suspension after raising the car off the ground and checked to see if there was anything wrong.

I stood underneath the raised car watching him inspect all the bushes. At the end, nothing seemed to be the problem and the guy just removed the coil spring, cleaned the contact patch with some cloth, added some black grease and set the spring back where it originally sat and tightened all the bolts/nuts.

Now, 3 weeks later, the sound has started again. Bangalore has had some heavy rains lately and I have driven quite a lot in the rains meaning my undercarriage has been throughly lashed with water and the grease sure has been washed off.

Guys, I need your advise on what could be the problem and also a more permanent solution than just adding grease to the mounting area around the bottom of the coil spring.

Mods, if this is not the right section, please move the post.

Thanks,

Pritish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks