Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 19:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suspension issues with Opel Astra 1.6 97 model

Hi I think there is some problem with my right front wheel suspension. It makes a thud thud noise while passing through bad patches on the road. Please advice as to what should i do?

Also i would like to know the price of a pair of astra tail lights.
Old 12th August 2008, 02:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Hi I think there is some problem with my right front wheel suspension. It makes a thud thud noise while passing through bad patches on the road. Please advice as to what should i do?

Also i would like to know the price of a pair of astra tail lights.

Hi

Dont worry, just get your suspension checked at a good mechanic. May be there is a oil seal breakage. If you have that then it would cost you about 400 to 500 rs. But if you gotta a major problem, then I think you might have to get a new suspension. If you want to get it done for cheap, get the suspension to a local suspension mechanic. Some people do it really good.

Astra tail lights costs you 750 each, in a local market, and it would cost you around 1000 each at Opel service center. Please let me know which city are you from, May be I can help you.

Thanks and regards

RacingHart
Old 13th August 2008, 11:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanx for the help buddy. I have decided to do the suspension job with my local mechanic and he suggests to change certain parts of the suspension the cost of which could range from 3k to 7k can u confirm if it will cost me the same. I stay in andheri Mumbai.
Old 18th August 2008, 18:15   #4
BHPian

Hey 3k to 7k its ok, but try to bargain as much as you can. If you are really interested in genuine parts then get your own spare parts and ask the mechanic to just fix them, and you can give the service charge. But if you think that he is going to bring the parts then try to bargain, most of them put used ones on the vehicles. YOU KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF ABANDONED OPEL ASTRA'S IN THE MARKET. so please be careful. if you are spending 7k, make sure that you buy a new suspension instead, it would cost you 9k to 10k, moreover new is new always RIGHT BUDDY

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks