Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 10:45   #1
BHPian

Engine trouble Accent LPG

Hi all,

I have an Accent which was converted to LPG about 18 months ago.The car was running fine until about 6 months ago.Since then,the car has stopped picking up in low gears and seems to be misfiring.Had the injectors cleaned but the problem still persists.All this on petrol.On LPG the car wont pickup at all.Recently replaced the spark plugs and found that there is oil going into the spark plugs.My mechanic is at a loss and says the car is running only on 3 cylinders.Any idea what the problem / solution is?

Does running the car on two fuels affect the engine badly?

I would also highly appreciate it if someone could tell me about a reliable,reasonable,trustworthy and knowledgeable garage in the vicinity of Lokhandwala,Andheri,Goregaon west.

This problem has ruined my driving pleasure so I would be extremely grateful for any assistance.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd August 2008, 14:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

mate one of the best guys for the problem diagnosing are the HASS guys take it to the hyundai service center, they diagnose the problem correctly after that you can decided where to get it fixed.

and i dint quiet understand only three cylinders firing, is the lpg kit faulty or does it have any problems? do get that checked too.
Old 23rd August 2008, 15:08   #3
BHPian

Engine oil getting into sparkplugs is a bad signal! Get the engine compression test done.
AFAIK, This has nothing to do with LPG kit. In your case, gas entering the cylinders are getting contaminated due to excessive oil content in the combustian chamber; which weakens the ignition and thatz the reason why the car fails to pickup when run on gas! Ignition will be better in petrol mode as it is injected to get ignited.
Old 24th August 2008, 12:32   #4
BHPian

try this !

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Hi all,

I have an Accent which was converted to LPG about 18 months ago.The car was running fine until about 6 months ago.Since then,the car has stopped picking up in low gears and seems to be misfiring.Had the injectors cleaned but the problem still persists.All this on petrol.On LPG the car wont pickup at all.Recently replaced the spark plugs and found that there is oil going into the spark plugs.My mechanic is at a loss and says the car is running only on 3 cylinders.Any idea what the problem / solution is?

Does running the car on two fuels affect the engine badly?

I would also highly appreciate it if someone could tell me about a reliable,reasonable,trustworthy and knowledgeable garage in the vicinity of Lokhandwala,Andheri,Goregaon west.

This problem has ruined my driving pleasure so I would be extremely grateful for any assistance.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Maverick ,

Contact Mr. Umang ( CAR CONCEPT ) work shop in Malad,
( off link rd, opposite restuarant '5D' ) and a branch in Mahavir Nagar , Kandivali (w).
His old man is an extremely knowledgable guy , used to run SAI service , made lot of operational changes to make sai service famous.
Talk to him . Umang is good , cautious but the old man just spots the thing instantly.

Phone no. Vinodbhai 9820067826/ Umangbhai 9920067826

Let me know if it helps,
regds ,
Kedar
Old 27th August 2008, 13:18   #5
BHPian

@nikkibike - right you are mate,thats exactly what my LPG guy said.where can I get the compression test done?Would any mechanic do it?

@highnoon - Thanks for the prompt reply mate.Will try this guy that you recommended this week and let you know.

Thanks to all for the help.Hope my problem gets resolved soon.Cheers.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:15   #6
BHPian

@ Mav, No idea bout engine compression test centres in mumbai area. PM GTO and see.
Another possibility is a defective cylinder head. Check that also for any warpage/cracks. Both these can cause oil seapege into cylinder!
Best of Luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks