Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 23:53   #1
BHPian

Hydraulic winch & Inclinometer for a jeep

Winch :
On the other thread i read DKG mention about Hydraulic winches by Lambda.
I read somewhere that they are better than electrical ones. I couldnt afford the 25K tag for an electrical winch. Do the hydraulic ones come cheaper or do they cost more ? Any more info on these lambda ones ?
Click to see DKG's post

Rollover Avoidance Device :
Though i have no intentions to bling my jeep, somehow these days iam tempted to get a few incabin accessories.
One among them is the inclinometer. While the analog (cheaper) ones have bad reviews about their accuracy, i have decided to get a digital one. Click to see
Just wanted to know what fellow jeepers think before i spend some 4.5K on this. Commonsense will help me be safe but, can this assist my commonsense in any way ? or will this end up being a costly display to attract thieves.

krishna.

Last edited by kittigadu : 2nd September 2008 at 00:00. Reason: Forgot to add a link
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:42   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Winch :
On the other thread i read DKG mention about Hydraulic winches by Lambda.
I read somewhere that they are better than electrical ones. I couldnt afford the 25K tag for an electrical winch. Do the hydraulic ones come cheaper or do they cost more ? Any more info on these lambda ones ?
Click to see DKG's post

Rollover Avoidance Device :
Though i have no intentions to bling my jeep, somehow these days iam tempted to get a few incabin accessories.
One among them is the inclinometer. While the analog (cheaper) ones have bad reviews about their accuracy, i have decided to get a digital one. Click to see
Just wanted to know what fellow jeepers think before i spend some 4.5K on this. Commonsense will help me be safe but, can this assist my commonsense in any way ? or will this end up being a costly display to attract thieves.

krishna.
Electric vs. Hydraulic winches is a big debate topic, and there are pros and cons for each. Unless your jeep has a power steering pump, you will have to go with an electric winch. The electric winches are most widespread and will work best for a jeep.

Inclinometers are cute little toys to have on your dashboard. By the time you read it and realize that you are in the danger zone, you will probably be rolling down a hill. Take the 4.5k and apply that toward an electric winch.

Regards,
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:47   #3
BHPian

RedMM340, Thankyou so much.
Quote:
Unless your jeep has a power steering pump
Oh. I never thought about what is going to power the hydraulics. Now i know. My jeep has no powersteering.
Quote:
Inclinometers are cute little toys to have on your dashboard
No toys for now.

let me start saving some money for the electric winch then.

Krishna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks