Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 12:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Queries for an Accent

Hi Bhpians have a few queries for an accent GLE which I acquired recently.

1)What is the recommended engine oil grade and how many liters of oil does it gulp?

2)Car has done, 34K should I stick to semi synthetic,or may I switch to fully synthetic

3)what should be the ideal drain period for semisynthetic and Fully synthetic under normal driving conditions

4)Everytime i turn on the ignition there is a humming sound from the back(inside the car),what is it?

5)Is it fine If I add a free flowing filter Like a K&N or a Green cotton minus FFE and headers?
any drawbacks of these filters in cars?

can think of these only as of now will ask more with time

Last edited by akshay4587 : 4th September 2008 at 13:02.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

1) 5W50 or 5W40 if fully synthetic. 10W40/15W40 if semi synth. You will need a 4 litre can.
Check manual for the engine oil capacity and pour 100-200ml lesser. Keep checking the dipstick for oil level. Don't overfill.

Important Tip: The oil filter should take in about 200-250ml.So, the next day after the oil change, before starting the engine for the first time. Check the oil level on the dipstick. It should be between the two marks(max & min). Its not necessary to be at the max mark. Overfilling oil is not good for th engine.

2) You can very well shift to fully synthetic.
3) 8000kms on semi-synth and 10,000 kms on full synthetic is what I advise.
4) Its the electric fuel pump sending fuel through the fuel lines to the injectors to prepare them for the engine start
5)Yes, you can use the filter without an exhaust job.

PS: All the questions you've asked are not specific to one car and have been asked and answered before. Do take time to search on the forum and try to avoid starting new threads on existing topics.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2008, 08:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Time for some queries

1)how many litres of petrol is left in the tank before the low fuel light starts blinking,any approximate figures?

2)What are the tell tale lights for that do not glow in the speedo
apart from,Door Open,parking brake,Oil Pressure,Battery,Brake oil pressure indicator.

3)Does an accent GLE has a Seat belt warning indicator?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks