Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 19:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda RS burning smell..!!

Hey guys, just got myself a Skoda RS a few days back.. And the only problem is that while u kinda rip the car above 4000rpm and shift gears, there is this burning smell coming. It could probably be the clutch gettin burnt but can someone confirm what the problem is.. And do other RS owners notice anything similer??

The car still runs fine and the smell is not there when driven slowly with gearshifts below 3000rpm or so.. And the car still manages to do 120kmph (speedo) in 2nd gear.

Please help me out guys... :(
Old 12th September 2008, 20:04   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, that's an indication that you are driving the RS like she is supposed to be driven! Jokes apart : If you are getting that smell only after hard launches, it is your clutch overcooking. Repeated aggressive launches will wear it out and call for a replacement. However, if you are getting the smell *after* launch and over say 10 - 20 minutes of spirited driving / cornering, it is your brakes.

Ever smelt smoking tyres? Ah, the aroma.
Old 12th September 2008, 20:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

GTO, u know Mad Monkey's RS pretty well rite.. Does it have the same problem?? Its sad that the clutch burns just ladat in a performance car cuz everytime u rip and stop somewhere everyone will be like, "dude u've cooked it n all!!!"

BTW, my brakes do squeal under braking at times so it could mean worn pads rite? Again, do others have the same problem???

Last edited by aah78 : 13th September 2008 at 01:32. Reason: See note. Check PM.
karthik247 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th September 2008, 22:07   #4
BHPian

Do check if you've got anything stuck to your exhaust. I recently had a huge plastic bag stuck to mine; the smell was horrible!

Also, do try and eliminate SMS-speak from your posts; really stinks
Old 12th September 2008, 22:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

GTO . That aroma simply rocks.

Karthik , better get the things checked fast before it causes furthur issues.!
Old 13th September 2008, 00:52   #6
BHPian

the smell is your money going up in flames, courtesy Skoda maintenance costs.

Sorry, could not resist!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks