Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:01   #1
BHPian

My Skoda is leaking! :P

Hi,

My Skoda Octavia is leaking & I cant figure out why!

In the rains, the water accumulates inside the car - do you think I should show it to a dealer (authorised service station) or can I get this fixed elsewhere (as good a fix for less)?

I would need a repair place in Mumbai.

Will appreciate your thoughts / recommendations!

Thanks!
s
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:39   #2
BHPian

sundeep there is no reason why you shouldn't take it to an authorized workshop...show it asap...
take my advice and avoid going anywhere else and getting into deeper trouble...
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the leak club !! My Qualis is also leaking and so did my innova the toyota chap s readily agreed to fix the Innova as it was easy to deduce the leak was from A pillar and a refixing of the windscreen with urithin did the job although i had to wait for a dry day and then again o prayed for rain which i did get after ganpati immersion . Sorry for not punctuating my sentence !!Anywa ys the Qualis is yet leaking and there is no solution yet if you can get hold of any good mechanic lemme know !! Your problem of water accumulatin where does it accumulates most or is it after you drive in flood s there is water in your flooring (wet carpet ) ? let me know and you can do a few check s !!
regards
Saajan
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Leakage past the weather seal of doors is what comes to mind .

Open the door and look for traces of water past the rubber gasket.
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:53   #5
BHPian

Leaking from where? Can you see from where water coming inside? Or is it that the carpet getting drinched when you drive in rain and you are not able to see water dripping in from somewhere? If second one is the case then mostly it should be through the Wiring holes on the wall behind the powertrain. There would be some Rubber beedings/bushes through which the wires will come inside the Passenger cabin. Any of those rubber parts must have come out of its orginal position. Why dont you remove check the front side of the carpet getting drinched first during raining?
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:41   #6
BHPian

Leaking from where?

Firstly, get the pollen filter checked for any blockage.
You will also need your mech to check whether any drainage holes are blocked. Usually happens due to foliage / leaves accumulating in there.

All the best.
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Had a similar problem on my Santro. Apparently rain water goes through two drain channels and then falls to the floor. In my case, the drain channels were clogged with leaves, rust etc..., so the service center guys cleaned it out, then widened the channel openings on the underbody, so that the water goes out straight off instead of accumulating in the channels and then coming into the car, just above the rubber matting. Not sure if you're facing the same problem, but take it to the service center and I'm sure they'll be able to fix it. Let us know once they figure out the exact issue.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:02   #8
Team-BHP Support

It could be the pollen filter is blocked or not fitted properly. Also, a lot of dust, mud and leave gather around there blocking the drainage channels
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:07   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
.. Apparently rain water goes through two drain channels and then falls to the floor. In my case, the drain channels were clogged with leaves, rust etc..., so the service center guys cleaned it out....
My buddy here had the exact same problem with Octavia. Leaves and rubbich accumulation is the culprit. In the rains he had to get his car cleaned out twice, each time it was full of tiny decayed vegetative matter and other gunk. Apparently pretty common with Octys.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:35   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Leaking from where? Can you see from where water coming inside? Or is it that the carpet getting drinched when you drive in rain and you are not able to see water dripping in from somewhere?
I cant see it coming inside... and it's the carper area where the water fills up... no signs of water anywhere else... the seats dont get wet and the ceiling (is that what you call it in a car?) isnt wet either.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeep View Post
I cant see it coming inside... and it's the carper area where the water fills up... no signs of water anywhere else... the seats dont get wet and the ceiling (is that what you call it in a car?) isnt wet either.
It looks like the drain holes then.
Get the door seals checked too.

Good Luck!!!
Old 24th September 2008, 20:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
It looks like the drain holes then.
Get the door seals checked too.

Good Luck!!!
Thanks to all who responded... I've decided to give it for servicing at JMD and have them check the problem... I hope their service is good!

I decided against Autobahn (much nearer for me) after reading tBHP reviews.

Cheers!
s
Old 28th September 2008, 02:28   #13

Leaking is a common problem in Octavia. How old is yours? Mine is 2004 and I just got it fixed by the ***. Basically you it was leaking somewhere from wiper holes. And the symptoms were exactly like yours the carpets were getting wet. Total out of pocket was around 1400 bucks. Hope it helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks