Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 11:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
35/44 psi definately seems high but should improve your ground clearance at the rear. From the pics it seems to be a suspension issue. The fiesta does not usually have clearance issues.
I drive with 2-3 people + some load all the time, thats why i kept tyre presseure at 35/44 psi.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:17   #17
BHPian

I think the normal pressure recommended is 30/35 PSI and full load recommended is 30/44 PSI.
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Can you give some examples of humps where your car has hit? Maybe, we should compare other cars too on those same humps.

Does your car hit even whey you are the lone passenger?

Humps in Bangalore are the worst you can get anywhere. I wonder what the designers have in mind when they come up with these mountains.
Today my Fiesta, that has done 12k in Hyderabad, scrapped on a speed bump in Bangalore going from Marathahalli towards old airport.:(
It had 4 people including me. I was so shocked. This never happened with 5 people in Hyderabad.

I am scared that maybe Fiesta's over 10K mileage have some sagging problem with the suspension.

Any ideas where I could show it for a checkup?

I do not want to go near Metro Ford.
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
Today my Fiesta, that has done 12k in Hyderabad, scrapped on a speed bump in Bangalore going from Marathahalli towards old airport.:(
It had 4 people including me. I was so shocked. This never happened with 5 people in Hyderabad.

I am scared that maybe Fiesta's over 10K mileage have some sagging problem with the suspension.

Perhaps the hump was larger, or your speed a bit more at impact. My car is nearing 12K on the odo, and I don't as such have this problem.
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Looks like you have yet to taste more of the 'breakers' in Bangalore.
Let me guess, this is the one near the leftturn towards Logica CMC? That one's a scraper for sure.

For a checkup, you could try out Lathangi Ford on Banerghatta road.

OT : Does your Fiesta have an AP registration, and a TBHP sticker on the rear bumper? I believe yours is a 1.4. If these are true, i observed your car once on the ORR near Marathalli while i was on my way to work. I would've said hi, if we were going the same road, which we werent. I was on an AP registered bike.

EDIT : Just saw your gallery. I was right. Missed meeting you. Some other time, perhaps!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd November 2008 at 22:07.
Old 4th November 2008, 19:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Perhaps the hump was larger, or your speed a bit more at impact. My car is nearing 12K on the odo, and I don't as such have this problem.
Well, I increased air pressure to 40psi & with 4 people and a little luggage in the trunk, the car did not hit any of the speed breakers.
I also took out my spare tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like you have yet to taste more of the 'breakers' in Bangalore.
Let me guess, this is the one near the leftturn towards Logica CMC? That one's a scraper for sure.

For a checkup, you could try out Lathangi Ford on Banerghatta road.

OT : Does your Fiesta have an AP registration, and a TBHP sticker on the rear bumper? I believe yours is a 1.4. If these are true, i observed your car once on the ORR near Marathalli while i was on my way to work. I would've said hi, if we were going the same road, which we werent. I was on an AP registered bike.

EDIT : Just saw your gallery. I was right. Missed meeting you. Some other time, perhaps!
You are spot on. It was the same speed breaker.

That is my car you spotted
Is your work close to Marathahalli. Mine is in Prestige Tech Park.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:44   #22
BHPian

few PSi querries

Quote:
Well, I increased air pressure to 40psi & with 4 people and a little luggage in the trunk, the car did not hit any of the speed breakers..................
sorry, if this has obv answers!
but, 40PSi in Rear tyres?
front tyres pressure?
what would be the ideal pressure (R+F) if car has one one person (i.e. the driver)

and how often (on avg) does one need to refill air?

just got my fiesta...
so trying to figure out when i shud visit for air refill and the right pressures.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:04   #23
Team-BHP Support

libocta, please refer the manual of your Fiesta where the company specified values for tyre pressures have been mentioned, both for full load, as well as low load conditions.

On an average, IMO the air pressure should be checked once every three weeks. Thats how i do it for my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks