Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 10:03   #1

Rear-View Mirror Vibration in Santro

Hi All - I have a Santro Xing with 2 vibration problems. Am looking for inputs that can help minimise the irritating sounds I have to hear every single day . Details below -

1. The Rear View Mirror vibrates when I speed up from 1st and 2nd Gears and at low rpms while idling. I tried putting some foam packing into the mirror between the glass and the plastic body but was of no help. If I touch the black plastic side of the mirror with a finger, the vibration stops immediately.

2. Turning on the AC switches on the radiator cooling fan and this fan creates vibration (and noise) that can be felt on the steering wheel too. Any suggestions for minimizing this...

-Regards,
Ashish.
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:46   #2
BHPian

How much has the car run? Any accidents especially to the front of the car?
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:50   #3

No accidents, the car has done 35K Kms

There hasn't been any impact on the front side of the car.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:36   #4
BHPian

At first I thought the tyres were out-of-round or had flat spots, but you report a problem even when stationary.
check your engine mounts. SOmething is causing the engine vibrations to transfer to the dash or windshield.
Old 4th October 2008, 08:32   #5

Could you please help me with the precise thing (name) that needs to be checked. Is it the rubber bushing that the enging is mounted with? I need this so that I can specifically tell the service engineer to look at it instead of beating around the bush.

Also, the rear view mirror is mounted on the roof and not the windshield in Santro.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Engine Mounting is the specific word. However, it doesen't matter where the mirror is mounted. If engine mountings are damaged, total car will shedder.

Do you also feel the shedder while idling through steering and gear lever ?? If yes, then it has to be engine mounting worn out problem only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks