Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 00:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ok, a few questions for you:

1. Which tyre is this? (Right rear?) Your close up shots don't let us figure out which one it is.

2. Is it the right rear? After the sill damage?

If yes, then I think your cousin hit a stone or something of that sort & not only dented the sideboard but also damaged the tyre's sidewall.

Anyway, first get the tyre removed from the wheel & checked up by the dealer. If possible replace under warranty otherwise replace the tyre at your own expense. Don't use this damaged tyre.
Old 4th October 2008, 01:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

It really feels bad when you give out your car and is returned in a bad state.
happened with one of my friends , His was a skoda octavia L&k and the front headlamp (right ) had gone for a wash.
Luckily its minor

Get it done without insurance and it will be as good as new.
Old 4th October 2008, 02:10   #18
BHPian

Thanks for all your support guys!!!!really needed it today..

Now to your questions...
a. I guess after all your suggestions i wont go for a claim...will settle it myself..
b. The alloy is fine..it was the front left tire and hit a HUGE pothole as told by my mother who was also in the car..now i have put the defected tire at the back..
c. Will go to the tire dealer (BK Tire lajpat nagar..delhi guys you must be aware of this place) after I get the car repaired...there is no cut or any other mark on the tire...
d. Got the car serviced today and there is only cosmetic damage and nothing other than this...thank god!!!!
e. He ran over a boulder damaging the running board at a toll plaza trying to jump in the cue...
f. I swear to God will NEVER give my car to anyone again!!!!!!!!!!

will get everything done on sunday and post the pics again...

P.S delhi guys if you could help me get a replacement from BK Tire House i would be grateful..even otherwise i am thankful to all of you for your encouraging and supporting words...

Last edited by white_vdi : 4th October 2008 at 02:18.
Old 4th October 2008, 02:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
b. The alloy is fine..it was the front left tire and hit a HUGE pothole as told by my mother who was also in the car..now i have put the defected tire at the back..
c. Will go to the tire dealer (BK Tire lajpat nagar..delhi guys you must be aware of this place) after I get the car repaired...there is no cut or any other mark on the tire...
It's not necessary to have a cut on the outside. There might be a cut on the inside of the tyre too.

Quote:
e. He ran over a boulder damaging the running board at a toll plaza trying to jump in the cue...
I thought as much. Had said the same thing in my previous post.

Quote:
P.S delhi guys if you could help me get a replacement from BK Tire House i would be grateful..even otherwise i am thankful to all of you for your encouraging and supporting words...
Replacement doesn't depend on what BK/Atul think, it depends on the warranty terms & conditions of the manufacturer/importer of the tyre. He can push your case but I doubt he can promise you anything.
Old 4th October 2008, 02:33   #20
BHPian

@ iraghava: i will get the tire removed and checked on sunday for sure..

will talk with jitesh what can be done about this on monday and pay him a visit...
Old 4th October 2008, 09:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Looks real bad... specially on such a nicely maintained car. I wish everything goes normal after repairs.

For repairs do not settle for patching on bumper other the patch contrast will not match the fender's contrast, if still pricing seems the barrier try to sample the patch for a day or two, if contrast is not found comfortable do not hesitate in full bumper repaint.
Old 4th October 2008, 09:32   #22
BHPian

if the warranty thing doesn't work out, can this tyre be used as a spare tyre ?
Old 4th October 2008, 11:09   #23
Team-BHP Support

My suggestions:

- Get the tyre thing done ASAP. Point it out as a manufacturing defect and try getting a good deal from the dealer for a new one.

- Leave the others as it is for now, if the car is driving well. At the end of the year, if you feel like it and god forbid, if you have a couple of more dents you can get everything fixed and claim insurance. In other words, you may land up in a situation where you pay something on your own right now and in the future get a dent or something for which insurance is required anyways. then you lose NCB and your money.
Old 4th October 2008, 11:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

@White_VDi,

Ouch! That hurts a lot. What's with your cousin?

As mentioned earlier, just hand over the bill copy to your cousin just to let him know what his carelessness came out to!

Really doubt if you will be successful with the tyre replacement thru warranty! Since you know it was not a manufacturing defect, I would suggest you get it replaced by yourself.

These tyre guys, even with a genuine fault, will try to push back a lot. May be due to the fact that knowing the difference between manufacturing defect and accidental damage is difficult.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:52   #25
BHPian

Why dont you get it fixed from MASS, why think about saving NCB, when you may end up spending more then you save and still be unsatisfied with the job. There is always a possibility that you may use insurance to get car fixed in future.

Your car is less then a month old, nothing except Rs. 500 will be charged from you.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:54   #26
BHPian

Thanks for your support guys..

@ ashthedivx: i will get the entire bumper painted..no patchy stuff for me...and have been promised the quality and finish of paint..

@ eddy: bro i am very fidgety when it comes to my car...i will get everything repaired tomorrow only..needed the car today..

@ happywheels: i have already shown the car to my cousin and made sure he felt terribly bad about it...

@ horsepower: my car is 2 months old..i am getting it repaired at a MSM workshop..i know the owner in person so will ask him to do it without opening a job card, so will save on the tax part and give him what i can not what he asks for..and there won't be any quality or paint issue also..

Last edited by white_vdi : 4th October 2008 at 13:03.
Old 4th October 2008, 15:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

vdi, how could you give the car? hope you have learnt a great lesson. As Riju and others aptly put, never ever share your loving machines to anyone be it car, camera, mobile anything. I am very uncomfortable doing that - specially car.

Abhi
Old 4th October 2008, 18:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
A cousin (who is well known to be a rash driver) has been eyeing to take my car out of town for a trip and ive been avoiding seeing him at all ends. Thinking about it gives me shivers.
Totally ,

@arush: if you dont mind, is he the one?

Old 6th October 2008, 13:54   #29
JRD
BHPian

Ouch.. but none the less, its all fixable and Rs.4500 isn't that bad. I would say save your insurance for the no claim bonus and pay the amount by yourself. It will be spanking new again.

As for the tyre, I had a similar thing happen to me on the OE Bridgestone Potenza's (Tube Type) on my corolla. There the culprit was the tube bulging out, so can't say its the same thing on your tubeless tires. But again it seems like a defect so the dealer should be able to replace it (if under warranty ofcourse).

Ps: Don't let your cousin drive your car again.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:11   #30
BHPian

She is BACK!!!!!!

After spending 2 days with strangers she is back with me now!!!
Cosmetically she is back to her natural self...The dent in my pocket was just 500 bucks..The owner of MSM workshop advised me to go for insurance..i also agreed because paying him fully would give me an upper hand in case of me not being satisfied with the repair work..The quality of work dint disappoint me..It is top-notch..
Gave the car on Monday morning and the survey was done in the evening and that day was almost a complete waste..On Tuesday morning I reached the workshop at 10 in the morning to supervise the work myself...
It was a learning experience..Made friends with the Head of the paint dept. and he let me prep the running board for paint..Forgot to take my cam so could not take any pics..I also tried my hand with paint on my bumper...It was nice and the workers their were very friendly...
The only thing I was skeptical about was the color matching with the rest of the car..The painter told me that they don't get this shade of white from the company premixed..He had to prepare it using his experience and eyes only and he was successful..Phew!!!
Got the car back in the evening and have to go for rubbing and buffing after 10 days..
Here are the pics..
My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc03055.jpg

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc03056.jpg

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc03057.jpg

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc03058.jpg

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc03059.jpg
The only thing that is missing is the layer of anti-rust coating on the the running board..The 2inch layer of some compound on the lower half of the running board...I was told that Maruti has not given that compound for use in their workshops..Its exclusive to the manufacturing plant at Gurgaon..

As for the tire bulge, will go to the tire dealer this weekend..

@ revved_up: bro removing the front bumper and installing new horn at the stock location is kind of tough for a DIY thing for first timers..There are quite a number of bolts and clips..But I have seen all of them and can take if off at home myself now..Changed my horn at the workshop yesterday..

Last edited by white_vdi : 8th October 2008 at 15:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks