Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 14:00   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Sixth Gen Honda Accord Horn Issues

I have a sixth generation honda accord done 54000kms on the odo.
A week ago the SRS light came on and then a few days ago the horn stopped working. Now the horn only works when i turn the steering wheel 90 degrees on either side.
Honda says i need to replace the entire SRS assembly because the horn is integrated and would cost me Rs. 20,000 (15000 for parts and 5000 for labour). No guarantee after replacement though!
Google search on this topic wasn't very productive.
My local mechanic adviced me to install another horn with a bell switch on the dash below right side driver aircon vent. It's inconvenient, but i'm considering it because i really dont feel like spending 20,000 bucks on something which doesn't have a guarantee.
Anyone have similar problems and solved it at a cheaper rate?
- Tejas
Old 6th October 2008, 14:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Write to Honda. They might go 50-50 on a good will basis
Old 6th October 2008, 14:33   #3
Team-BHP Support

Are you able to press the centre boss of the steering wheel. The SRS may be an issue but it looks unlikely that for a horn issue you need to change the entire SRS system. They surely cannot be related even though they are both in the steering wheel.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

vid,
Funny you asked that question because when i start my car for the first time in the morning, the horn works for a while and the centre boss is depressible. After around 5kms, the centre boss becomes hard and then the horn doesn't work.
And honda says its its not an srs issue but since the circuit board carries both the srs and horn components, they will have to replace it.
I'm thinking of going to chor bazaar to scout for some parts... Hope i get something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks