Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 20:48   #1
BHPian

Innova D4D : A/C water dripping off

Folks,

I've a 2007 Innova G4, D4D that has done 23K. Recently I started noticing that after a drive with A/C on, when I park the car, water drips down from the engine housing AND also from the driver side rear tyre's mud flap.

It is there for about 10 minutes.

Is this normal? To be frank, I had never paid attention to the rear tyres after a drive :-) I checked the underside at the rear side, but couldn't find any connection between the muffler and the wheel arches.

Also, I have a muffler cutter installed too - though I doubt if it will cause anything like this.

Thanks!
Satheesh
--
Ex:
1994 Suzuki Samurai
2004 Fiat Palio D ELX (the best of the lot)
Current:
2007 Bajaj Pulsar 150
2007 Toyota Innova D4D 8 seater (23K)
Old 7th October 2008, 21:45   #2
BHPian

Both of the water dripping is absolutely normal !! The last mud flap from where you found water dripping if you pay a closer attention the C pillar if i may call it so is also cold and if if your s is a metallic colour you can even see some condensation on it !! If not the condensation you can check out the pillar is cold !!
The innova is one mean muv man just enjoi it mine has done 47k km s in 2 yr s and going strong and purring like a cat till date
Regards
SaaJan
Old 7th October 2008, 21:46   #3
Team-BHP Support

yup the cooling coil and fan for the rear ac is housed above the drivers side rear mudflap. that explains it.
Old 7th October 2008, 21:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is normal one. If water drips or end of silencer get wet its normal as well, I notice all these in my Innova too!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th October 2008, 19:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
This is normal one. If water drips or end of silencer get wet its normal as well, I notice all these in my Innova too!

Regards,

Ravi.
Hey ravi i think it will be difficult to notice that on the diesel engine one due to the soot at it s tail pipe end But the water dripping from the petrol engined one is noticable !!
Regards
SaaJan
Old 12th April 2011, 16:28   #6
BHPian

Re: Innova D4D : A/C water dripping off

Mine is a 2009 D4D GX8 innova, I was able to clean the AC air filter below the glove box without any issues. Mine has covered 17k so far and man there were loads of dirts. Was really happy to see the results after cleaning the filter.

But the manual mentioned that there is a air filter for the rear AC as well. I was not able to locate the rear air filter in my innova, has anyone tried this?
Old 18th April 2011, 11:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
Mine is a 2009 D4D GX8 innova, I was able to clean the AC air filter below the glove box without any issues. Mine has covered 17k so far and man there were loads of dirts. Was really happy to see the results after cleaning the filter.

But the manual mentioned that there is a air filter for the rear AC as well. I was not able to locate the rear air filter in my innova, has anyone tried this?
Could you be little more specific about how did u manage to extract the ac filter from behind the dashboard it will help loads of other members to do the same ! This filter if only cleaned regularly can help in keeping the ac choke free and circulate air well !
Old 18th April 2011, 12:59   #8
CDM
BHPian

It is quite simple, as explained below. Will try to post a pictorial guide later:
  1. Open and empty out the glove compartment.
  2. You will find that the glove compartment has a protusion (rubber covered) on each side to keep it from falling out when open.
  3. Push the side of the glove compartment to one side so the protusion is able to pop out.
  4. Repeat for the other side.
  5. The entire glove compartment will come off.
  6. You will be able to see the ac filter on the lower right side of the cavity.
  7. Its fitted in like a table drawer and you can simply pull it out to clean.
CDM
Old 19th April 2011, 09:42   #9
BHPian

m-Hawk,
The instructions are in the owner manual with some pictures. Those are clear enough to DIY.

Here is what I did. I tapped the filter many times on the wall. lot of loose dirts were flying. After tapping Then the filter looked like white cloth with lots of black dirts. I soaked the filter in detergent water (used Surf excel powder) for 30 mins and the remaining dirts simply came off. Though the filter was not sparkle clear, the results were good. I dried the filter in chennai hot sun for 30 mins and finally replaced it. I have been doing this for every 3 months since I owned my innova.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks