Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 10:52   #1

Swift automatic climate control - blinking 'auto'

Hi friends,

I own a swift ZXI, 2 days back i noticed that in my automatic climate control system the 'auto' indication is blinking. looking at the manual, it says that there is a problem with AC.

I did took the car to a maruti dealer and talking with the technitian i got the idea that he never repared one before. i didnt want to take risk.

Any one of you had similar problem before?

Also, can anyone please suggest a good maruti dealer at trivandurm for this work?

Sorry about the low qlty image i attached.

ta,
s.john
Attached Thumbnails
Swift automatic climate control - blinking 'auto'-ac.jpg  

Old 9th October 2008, 11:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

When "AUTO" indicator flashes, it warns that a diagonstic trouble code (DTC) is stored in the module memory. The malfunction maybe with one of the sensors, actuators related to the HVAC system or the VSS also. Best is to get some MASS to hook up scan tool and check for error codes.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
When "AUTO" indicator flashes...
Thanks ph. I will take it this weekend.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:04   #4
BHPian

I had the same issue a couple of weeks back in my DZire ZDi. After 3 days of observing the blinking "AUTO" (though everything was working perfectly fine), I went to Sagar Auto and they said that they need the car for a full day. Since I was busy that day, I told them that I'll be back in 2 days.

But the next day, the AUTO stopped blinking, and hasn't appeared since. I don't think it's a loose contact, because it blinked for 4 days consistently, and hasn't happened since that. Should I still get this checked?
Old 6th October 2010, 16:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

It might be some minor malfunction or error. They have to connect the diagnostic tool and find out what the error code is. If it went out, dont bother too much unless if it recurs.
Old 6th October 2010, 16:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

About a month ago, the auto climate control would turn off and resort to manual AC with full blower speed.
It disappeared after two days and now everything is fine. Didn't know what to do when it happened. Some things fix themselves I guess.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:20   #7
BHPian

Has anyone of you noticed that the A-C-C in the Swift in "Full Auto" mode toggles between recirculation & fresh air mode? If you one-touch the fresh air button thereafter, the "Full Auto" changes to "Auto" and the fresh air or recirculation mode stays the way it is set.

I wonder what is the benefit of the Full Auto mode. I once had issues with some unwanted stuff getting into the blower and choking it when the A-C-C was left in the fresh air mode (in Full Auto mode)

Last edited by fuel_addict : 6th October 2010 at 17:22.
Old 7th October 2010, 16:08   #8
BHPian

Thanks jaggu. The sagar guys actually did a quick test with the diagnostic tool, but unfortunately that tool didn't have the latest software for interfacing with the auto climate control system

@fuel_addict - I observed the same. It changes to fresh air mode when temperature inside starts to stabilize. I hate it when that happens, because that pulls in all the pollution/smoke from outside, so I have to manually press the recirculate button.

I think full auto mode is better in smoke free areas, since that optimizes the fresh air intake and reduces stale air inside.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:00   #9
BHPian

I now get the blinking auto light randomly, once in a way, and during that time the climate control acts dumb. It doesn't sense the temperature right, so doesn't cool as expected.

Planned to go to Sagar twice, but in both cases the problem fixed itself on the way . Went there anyway, and the service assistant told me that they need to see the blinking auto to fix it. He says there are only two main parts - 1.The sensor which senses the inside/outer temperatures and has the logic 2. The panel. They're both covered under warranty, but they need to change the right part when the problem is reproducing, only then can they claim the part.

Now I'm waiting for this problem to happen again.
Old 14th November 2010, 18:04   #10
BHPian

climate control problems in swift ZXI

I have a strange problem in my swift ZXI. whenever the climate control is switched on both in manual and auto mode - only driver side vents , vents blowing air to feet , vent in central console close to driver side is blowing hot air whenever the temperature is set to 32 degree centigrade and other side is blowing cold air. Please help !
Old 14th November 2010, 21:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sounds weird. How can cold air happen at 32 degrees. Best is to go to MASS, climate control is best handled by them.

Most likely it is malfunction of flaps. Get it checked nonetheless

Cheers
Old 14th November 2010, 21:39   #12
BHPian

@ricky_63 - I forgot to mention there was some burning smell emanating. I got scarred switched off the climate control.

Anyways I am going to MASS tomorrow.

Thanks
FrozeninTime

Most Viewed