Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 22:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Please get back once your problem is solved and let us know. Its very bad that people post when they have an issue and never get back to tell us whether or how it was solved.

Especially anything related to the 1.6 Petrol FIATs.

@ Gemi - how is your 1.6 doing?
Old 13th January 2010, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Siena 1.6 ECU

The problem is solved by replcing the ECU. It costed 12K inclussive of tax.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:56   #33

Similar issues

I'm facing similar issues with my Palio 1.2 NV -2004 ... it started with a misfiring engine ... which was diagnosed as a loose injector coupler... the mechanic took out one of the sensors (throttle most likely) and forgot to reconnect it before asking me to start the car. Since I was in a hurry I took the car back home and on the way it started... 1st on CNG it was running at around 4000 -5000 RPM constant with the AC on ... on turning off the AC it was increasing the RPM and then throttling back to idle on CNG and on petrol it felt as if the engine is coughing... basically not getting enough fuel.

I tried the old tested trick of removing the battery connections and left the car as it is over night.. that didn't do much... now I disconnected the sensor... removed the battery. Reconnected the sensor and then reconnected the battery after half an hour And this trick worked. Now the problem is still there but in control. Now the engine revs to about 2K and throttles back on petrol. On CNG again it races up on driving but comes back down gradually... earlier it was running like cruise control... slot it in a gear and it keeps running on its own. Now at least I have some throttle control.
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:31   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAxe View Post
I'm facing similar issues with my Palio 1.2 NV -2004 ... it started with a misfiring engine ... which was diagnosed as a loose injector coupler... the mechanic took out one of the sensors (throttle most likely) and forgot to reconnect it before asking me to start the car. Since I was in a hurry I took the car back home and on the way it started... 1st on CNG it was running at around 4000 -5000 RPM constant with the AC on ... on turning off the AC it was increasing the RPM and then throttling back to idle on CNG and on petrol it felt as if the engine is coughing... basically not getting enough fuel.

I tried the old tested trick of removing the battery connections and left the car as it is over night.. that didn't do much... now I disconnected the sensor... removed the battery. Reconnected the sensor and then reconnected the battery after half an hour And this trick worked. Now the problem is still there but in control. Now the engine revs to about 2K and throttles back on petrol. On CNG again it races up on driving but comes back down gradually... earlier it was running like cruise control... slot it in a gear and it keeps running on its own. Now at least I have some throttle control.
So guys my issue is finally solved ... the my super mechanic nicknamed PINKY simply opened the throttlebody plus the the stepper motor which is attached to the throttlebody he unloaded a full canister of grease cleaner (spray based)... loads of dirt came out and once it was all put together ... the car has been running smooth as ever. The total cost 350 bucks... as opposed to the quotes I got for the ECU - 18K then 12.5K and then 6K for the sensor and crap like that.
Old 19th June 2011, 22:02   #35

Re: ECU repairs for palio

I had a Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX ECU replaced recently for Rs 16,500. When the discussion for replacement was going on, requested the Mahindra Service guy to check whether the old ECU can be repaired but they have no idea of any such place. I have kept the old, faulty ECU with me but now wondering whether/if at all ECU's can be repaired and if so, will they be reliable to run later on? The New ECU carries a 6 month warranty. So if tragedy strikes again, whether it's worthwhile to get the old one repaired as a standby? What's the experience of fellow fiat owners who might have done that regarding reliability, cost? Appreciate any advice/experience for a reliable place for such repairs in Mumbai/Thane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks