Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 10:43   #1

Fiat Uno dampers

Hello BHPians

I would like to know whether the Shockabsorbers of Fiat Uno Diesel (1999 Nov Model) can be reconditioned, and if so how long it will last?. New shockabsorber from Gabriel India costs about Rs. 2150.

thanks in advance

Prasanth.
Mahe
Old 21st October 2008, 10:58   #2
BHPian

New Shock Absorber

It will be better if you go in for new shock absorbers as reconditioned ones may give way easily and may not give you the same comfort.
You can't say how long reconditioned shock absorbers will last. Its just your luck.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

How long would a reconditioned shock last depends on how much do you drive daily and how long do you want to keep your car.

I would prefer to have new ones though.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 21st October 2008 at 11:02.
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:31   #4

has someone did reconditioning? in India
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:28   #5
BHPian

UNO Diesel Front Shocks are 1750 and rears are 1490 each, KYB Make.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:37   #6
BHPian

Reconditioned Shock Absorbers come with a 6 month guarantee/warranty. The front pair will cost you under Rs.1000, after you give your old shock absorbers.

If you want to go for new ones, my estimate is that you can easily sell your old ones for around Rs.500 for the front pair. So as Mura has mentioned that Rs.1750 is for front shocks, that would mean that you would end up spending around Rs.1500 per shock after you sell your old ones.

Regarding the quality of reconditioned ones, I am using them in my Esteem, as the car is not used much, and they have been good for last 6-7 months (8k to 10k km) and are still going strong.
Old 25th October 2008, 10:51   #7

thank you for your advice. how is the quality of KYB make when comapred with Gabriel and Mr. Mura is it available at coimbatore and which shop is best to buy?
Old 9th February 2009, 12:25   #8
BHPian

gpkmahe,

i have been given a quote of 8K for a set of new cofap nitrogen filled shocks for my Fiat Uno petrol. i have seen a similar set being used on a Fiat Uno Diesel in bangalore and its truly impressive. i am not in a position to compare this with gabriel though.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
gpkmahe,

i have been given a quote of 8K for a set of new cofap nitrogen filled shocks for my Fiat Uno petrol. i have seen a similar set being used on a Fiat Uno Diesel in bangalore and its truly impressive. i am not in a position to compare this with gabriel though.
Hi Sharanremesh
thank you for the reply
I think cofap is good, its okay no need to compare with Gabrial when a German made one is available. Yestarday one shop here at Calicut quote Rs. 1550 for an unit, could you please tell me the per piece rate at Bangalore, and is there two variants Nitrogen filled and oil filled ?
Last day I bought timming belt for Rs. 550 DYACO (made in EEC italy) make any idea about the quality of this.?
Old 17th February 2009, 17:20   #10
BHPian

i was told that it costs 6.5K to 7K for a set of 4 cofap nitrogen filled shocks. do you think this is a good idea to shift??
Old 10th March 2009, 21:26   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
i was told that it costs 6.5K to 7K for a set of 4 cofap nitrogen filled shocks. do you think this is a good idea to shift??
am sorry i dont know the price for Rear shock set, but front set will be some Rs. 3100 here, + rear may be around 6.5 ok.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:33   #12

Fiat Uno Timming belts Noise increased!

Helo everybody,

I recently changed the timming belt ( Dyaco ) of my 1.7 Diesel Uno from a local workshop, since then I noticed that the noice of the engine has increased little to a more tractor like sound. Is this because of a over tensioned tensioner? or its bearing? what can be done to reduce this noice to its former state ( before the changing of belt)?
Has eny one experienced this any other brand like Indica, ford , palio etc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks