Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 16:10   #1
BHPian

Cedia Post 10000 KM issues.

Hi All...I just got my Cedia serviced at 10000KM. While overall its been running smoother than before the service, I have noticed that more noise from outside is filtering in. I am referring to bike horns, autorikshaws and mopeds etc...whereas it definitely used to be more muted earlier. Any thoughts on what can be causing this? Its been driving me up the wall!
Old 21st October 2008, 16:55   #2
BHPian

Check the rubber gaskets/beadings on the door and main frame of body, where doors closed.
Also as the engine may have been become more smoother, so the engine noise may have reduced resulting in hearing other noises.
Other wise the outside noises are reduced by soundproofing, and those parts are not touched in routine services. To be on safer side, reconfirm from the Service ceter, what all job have they done on your car, and whether any body work was carried out? Like opening of any panels. Some soundproofing material is used in parts like doors, floor, plastic trims, dashboard.
Old 21st October 2008, 17:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Some rubber beading would probably have been dislodged. The other explanation might be that your ears got tuned to the noise level and now you can hear it all the time .
Old 21st October 2008, 17:10   #4
BHPian

I was almost accepting the theory of getting tuned to the noise level when my wife also mentioned that more noise is coming in...so I am not so sure anymore. I think its to do with something that happened during the service. The problem is that I got it serviced when I was on my holiday in Kerala and now I am back in Bangalore so no easy way of taking it back there to check.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am taking it to the Bangalore dealer to get it checked completely.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th November 2008 at 16:08. Reason: Post merged
Old 6th November 2008, 11:10   #5
BHPian

An update to the issue...

Got it checked...apparently some of the beading in the doors had come loose...back to silence now
Old 6th November 2008, 15:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Got it checked...apparently some of the beading in the doors had come loose...back to silence now
Good to hear it was only a minor issue.
Cheers.
Old 6th November 2008, 16:00   #7
BHPian

Wow this is good, you already got rid of it. I thought it'll go on for a while with you trying to persuade the dealer and he resisting that this means nothing. Seems like you got lucky to get a smart technician there.
Old 6th November 2008, 16:55   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

My My, just a loose rubber beading and so much sound was creeping in? But, all's well that ends well.

Btw, i am not too concerned about the sound creeping in while driving as my ICE is always on. Do keep this in mind next time any sound creeps in!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks