Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 13:04   #1
BHPian

Turbo lag on Vrs

i am planning to buy a used Octy Vrs.I have almost made my decision but the only doubt i had was at what RPM does the turbo kick in "PROPERLY"? The car i am planning to buy, the turbo come in only by 3500 RPM,is this normal? Please help.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:52   #2
BHPian

turbo kicks in around 1750 rpm and has a pretty wide power band. The turbo lag is noticeable before that but once it kicks in its a rocket till the redline. However its strange to see that the car you drove kicks in at 3500 rpm. Are you really sure about that?
my suggestion would be to test drive another RS and if you feel the difference then definately stay away from this car as skoda repairs are pretty expensive!
Old 24th October 2008, 14:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
turbo kicks in around 1750 rpm and has a pretty wide power band. The turbo lag is noticeable before that but once it kicks in its a rocket till the redline. However its strange to see that the car you drove kicks in at 3500 rpm. Are you really sure about that?
my suggestion would be to test drive another RS and if you feel the difference then definately stay away from this car as skoda repairs are pretty expensive!
yup,i am pretty sure about the 3500 RPM part.What do you think is the reason for such a lag?anyway,i am trying to get my hand on another Vrs,but they are hard to find.
Old 24th October 2008, 19:18   #4
BHPian

Test drive an new VRS, it will answer your question. Turbo starts around 1700+ but we can make it out only on concentration, and we will get a real feel of pulling hard at 2500 RPM, depends on how hard we floor the accelerator.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Test drive an new VRS, it will answer your question.
FYI, there aint no new vRS, because it is a discontinued model.
Old 25th October 2008, 00:26   #6
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2008 at 15:25.
paras211 is online now   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks