Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 13:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Issue with clutch on M800- please advise

Hey All,

My 800 (2006 model) was due for service at 20k kms. However, due to various reasons, I have not been able to get it serviced in time, and it is now running at 21.7 k kms. For the past few days, I have been noticing that the normally butter-smooth clutch is a little hard and has a distinct grinding feel to it when depressed during gear changes.

My question is- is this because of the fact that the car is overdue for service? Or do you think there is some other more serious problem? Otherwise the car is fine. I am normally very particular about services, and have maintained the car in pristine condition till date.

Please help! Need your advice on this.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th October 2008 at 13:15. Reason: typo error
Old 27th October 2008, 14:10   #2

Clutch plate may have an issue and if not rectified it will spoil the flywheel which can be an expensive option,this is a regular wear & tear for all cars you can either use MGP clutch assembly or Bosch.
Old 27th October 2008, 16:32   #3
BANNED

Usually a M800 clutch lasts a minimum of 40 k kms if used as per specifications, You cant guarantee a lifetime of any moving parts BTW.

Get the clutch replaced asap since yours is almost a new car. I'am running the non asbestos valeo clutch and have covered almost 35k kms on it.It has also towed some heavy metal thrice over long distances and still running good.

There are imported clutch available which are good for M800 priced around Rs.3000.
Old 27th October 2008, 17:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pavan and Jayraj,
First, thanks for your inputs.
Second, I want to stress that that grinding feeling is very minimal, and I noticed it only sinc till date the clutch has been very smooth. No problems with gear shifts though. So can i drive for a couple of days more?
Third, Maruti A.S.S. is a good place to take care of this problem? Or do I need to go someplace else in Bangalore?
Old 27th October 2008, 18:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hey All,

For the past few days, I have been noticing that the normally butter-smooth clutch is a little hard and has a distinct grinding feel to it when depressed during gear changes.
Grinding noise may be indicate problem with the clutch cable rather than the clutch itslef.If you are having problems while changing gears or if you
are experiencing jerks or drop in pickup etc then that might indicate a clutch problem.
Best is to give it to a MASS for a checkup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks