Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 00:08   #16

I had this similar problem . My Dezire ZDI had done about 11,000Kms when this abrupt shuting down of engine started . This would happen at Random either when i tried to slow down and then depress the clutch to down shift or when I came to a complete stop ( pressing the brake and clutch ) > I have been driving for last 28 years and I sure this has nothing to do with driving skill or lack of it. I went to Maruti dealer Apra motors in Gurgoan and they said that there is switch in the clutch pedal which causes this problem They how ever scanned the car using the scanning tool but no error showed up. The clutch switch was replaced under warranty and there after I have driven for 3000kms and the problem never happened. Also I was inforemd that this was the 3 rd car with this problem and when they came across this problem for the 1st time it took them 10 days to diagnose it and solve ( engineers from Maruti were also there to help )
I am sure you have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjunk View Post
My Swift Diesel VDI has done about 5500kms now. The issue started after the first free service.

When I try to stop my car at (Typically at signals), I apply brake with car still in 4th gear, and at a specific point when I know that engine might stall, I press the clutch fully and come to a stop. This is a gradual and involuntary function for me. (My mind is not really thinking of the sequence, but does it naturally) I change back to neutral when the vehicle comes to a stop. (Is there something wrong here in my driving style?)

Now the car (mostly randomly) switches off engine and the steering gets suddenly tighter when I'm about to stop. That's when I realize the engine has switched off. (in the city noise, with my stereo playing, I can't really feel if the engine is running or not - I'm happy about it anyways )

I think its some trouble somewhere in the car. But the service guys at Vipul Motors Noida have not been able to identify it. I can't replicate it when I want it. Does anyone here know or faced such an issue. Please let me know. I also hit a stone slab on highway because of this issue and got my suspension arm bent. (couldn't steer away from the stone slab in the middle of the road, when I braked and engine got switched off at that moment.)

Or is it my driving style causing it? (This is my first diesel vehicle)
Old 1st May 2016, 11:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel - Engine turns off by itself when stopping on 4th gear

Thanks, facing the same issue here. I've noticed this happens mostly during very hot periods. It just happened to be yesterday and its happened to be in total 4-5 times in my 5 year owenership of my Swift LDI. I'll check with the service guys on the clutch switch you mention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guddasinha View Post
I had this similar problem . My Dezire ZDI had done about 11,000Kms when this abrupt shuting down of engine started . This would happen at Random either when i tried to slow down and then depress the clutch to down shift or when I came to a complete stop ( pressing the brake and clutch ) > I have been driving for last 28 years and I sure this has nothing to do with driving skill or lack of it. I went to Maruti dealer Apra motors in Gurgoan and they said that there is switch in the clutch pedal which causes this problem They how ever scanned the car using the scanning tool but no error showed up. The clutch switch was replaced under warranty and there after I have driven for 3000kms and the problem never happened. Also I was inforemd that this was the 3 rd car with this problem and when they came across this problem for the 1st time it took them 10 days to diagnose it and solve ( engineers from Maruti were also there to help )
I am sure you have the same problem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks