Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 18:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Also have the clutch fluid checked. Since the Fiesta has a hydraulic clutch maybe that is having problems.
yup.. its sensible to check fluid level and also the functioning of master cylinder!

But the confusing part is '30 minutes'!!!!!
Old 4th November 2008, 18:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles View Post
GTO, they did the lubrication and there was no change! I am waiting to see what they are going to say this time.
I have my doubts on whether they have lubed her up correctly. Get this checked in your presence.
Old 5th November 2008, 10:00   #18
BHPian

Called up last evening and they seemed to have checked every possibility and narrowed down on some alignment problem in the fifth gear. I guess that could be true as it was in the fifth gear that the car had got stuck after they had fit the gear last time. They are putting things back in place this morning and will test the car. I hope this time it gets cleared. Will keep you all posted. thank you for the suggestions. much appreciated.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:32   #19
BHPian

Finally the problem seems to be solved. The fifth gear apparently was not aligned properly last time when they opened it up and thats what happened. I lost a few weeks of productivity due to that carelessness of the lower service boys!

However i must say that the upper management was very understanding and cooperative. The manager himself took over the issue once it was not solved and he saw to it that they found the exact problem and solved it and tested it well before handing it over to me this time. I am relieved that the top management is knowledgeable and cooperative. I hope they will train the lower grade to be better professionals too.

thanks for the support guys.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:48   #20
BHPian

Hard gear shifts and judder

I have a fiesta petrol that is 1 year and 15000Km old. I have been experiencing a similar problem as talkingpebbles with his fiesta.

The car runs fine after a cold start but if its kept running for an hour in heavy traffic the gears start getting hard and after a while they become so hard that sometimes you are not able to shift a gear in the first attempt.

The car is being driven by my dad at the moment but I went to Delhi recently for a weekend and discovered this issue for the first time. Since then it seems that this has been happening quite frequently.

Before this there was another problem that my dad had described. After being driven in traffic for some time if you start the car really slowly in first gear(as you have to do in stop go traffic) then the car judders like anything and sometimes a 'thud' sound is heard.

I have experienced this as well and initially I thought there was some problem with the axle because the sound reminded me of when I had an axle problem with my maruti some years back. It felt like the car was just going to stop but it didn't and as I picked up speed the problem went away completely.

The judder problem has been there from the start but only appears after 2-3 hours of driving. My dad describes that once when he faced this judder issue he switched off the ac and the problem went away.

I had informed the service adviser about this judder when I took the car for servicing but since the problem is not reproducible easily nothing was done.

The fact that the hard gears and the judder problem both appear after continuous driving and generally when there is heavy traffic make me believe that they are related.

Before I ask my dad to take the car in to a service center I would like to get your advice...
Old 24th August 2009, 14:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a clutch issue to me, Judder + Hard Shifts definately point in that direction.

Also i dont have an idea if the Fiesta petrol has a hydraulic clutch, if it does, getting it bled and seeing the difference after that should be your first move.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks