Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:56   #1
BHPian

WagonR 2004, 44K done. nagging sound from rear suspension

Hi friends,
Have a Black WagonR 2004 Limited Edition LXi. i believe strongly in keeping the car healthy, hence have been regularly servicing the vehicle. But having crossed 40k kms, the car had suffered from front suspension problem. the ride was noisy and bumpy. I had the front shock abs changed along with the regular attachments. Now it has been resolved.. but the rear tyres have started making a noise.. (only on real bad roads) but yes it turns out to be irritating. at the same time ..my MASS tells me my AC compressor is on the verge of a slow death since it makes noise when its on.. (thought i feel he is just tryin to cash in from me).. The engine seems perfect except it has lost the strength .. since with 4 seated the car knocks while initial pickup in 1st gear.. (have already replaced the air filters)...

My worry is do i replace the car.. (frankly i love the vehicle and am going to be free from my EMI in the next 4 months) or do i invest in a complete engine and suspension overhaul. If yes.. how much will i need to spend..since buying a new vehicle means my EMI will also increase in amount but also tenure..
please help.....
Old 4th November 2008, 12:26   #2
BHPian

I don't know the conditions of roads in mumbai/your driving area and your driving habits -- but at 40K, a problem in suspension looks odd.

Quote:
my MASS tells me my AC compressor is on the verge of a slow death since it makes noise when its on.. (thought i feel he is just tryin to cash in from me)..
I don't have a outright solution for you, but as per my experience with M.A.S.S. - do get your car checked from at least 1 another M.A.S.S. and if possible ( and if you would like to) get your car checked by some good garage mechanic (not M.A.S.S.).

Having owned and maintained my 2003 WagonR (~ 85k km), except for any regular service, I make it a point to cross check with other service stations and even a local mechanic for any issues (major or minor).

As per knocking in 1st gear -- get your clutch setting checked.

For replacing your car I hope you have gone through this link ARTICLE: YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?
Old 5th November 2008, 11:21   #3
BHPian

I would advice to show your care to another MASS. Also, do get your wheel bearings checked.

I also have few questions:

1). What kind of rims you have? Magwheels?
2). In case of no magwheels, do you have wheelcups?
Old 5th November 2008, 16:26   #4
BHPian

AT 44k i presume you would have had some major overhauling done already over the last service. verify the claims with another service station. i'm certain you'll find plenty of names among the forums. now what sort of sound is it that you get from the ac and the tyres? the ac is known to be a lil noisy. but not much. knocking is more to do with fuel. but please correct me if i'm wrong. i have a squeaking from the front suspension in my car which is a lil overdue for service. i think the bushes need changing there. though we'd need more info on that sound you get to attempt diagnosis.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:39   #5
BHPian

Knocking in 1st gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandelwal View Post
I don't know the conditions of roads in mumbai/your driving area and your driving habits -- but at 40K, a problem in suspension looks odd.

As per knocking in 1st gear -- get your clutch setting checked.

For replacing your car I hope you have gone through this link ARTICLE: YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?
Yes ! you are right.. i did feel some tweak in the clutch which i will have it checked.
As far as suspension goes..
I drive safe but not too slow to offend other traffic. at the same time.. bumping and unneccssary pumping the gas on bad roads is not my forte ..
Mumbai roads do have their own potholes which have been taking a toll specially in dahisar where i live. but i do always drive gently over them.

Yes the article was very much helpful. i feel i should hang on till atleast a year or 6 months till i review my decision again,.

thanks friends for all your suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks