Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Ford Ikon flair 1.3-Noise while engine is running

Hi,

I have purchased a ford ikon flair ( Just 2 days new ).Last night I noticed an additional sound.something like dick,dick,dick at regular intervals when the engine was running.Anyone has idea what it could be ?Iam contacting the ford service but need to know if its anything major I need to worry about.Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

KPGB, firstly congrats on your new car.
While i am not exactly sure about the source of the ticking, i can assure you its normal. I believe you observed this while listening to the car standing outside?
Old 4th November 2008, 15:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

KPGB,

If the sound comes periodically only when the car is in motion, it could be as simple as a stone stuck in your tire tread which makes the sound when it comes into contact with the road. Check them.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:31   #4
BHPian

Thanks benbsb29! You know what ? I was greatly influenced by your Mike thread before I went in for the final decision .

Whenever the engine is running ( idle or moving ) I can hear the sound. Not sure what it is.

Thanks Eddy for your reply. I don't think it's a stone stuck in the tread since I can hear the sound even when the car is parked and engine is running.
Old 4th November 2008, 16:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

The ticking sound is normal, usually comes from the tappets and increases with engine speed.

This might help - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...pet-sound.html

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 4th November 2008 at 16:47.
Old 6th November 2008, 15:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

My cousin drives the same car. He had the same problem and a few visits to the mechanic could not solve it.

But as someone mentioned on one of the posts, it was a rather small and irregular stone stuck in one of the tire treads which was causing the noise.

Funny how little things can make your life miserable
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:22   #7
BHPian

Is it like a small "click, click" sound, coming from somewhere near the wheels, and can be heard only if you are driving with the windows up in a quiet car (no stereo playing)? I had the same thing, and the Ford guys said it was the "brake callipers" touching the shaft (some "shaft", no idea which one). Nothing to worry about, according to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks