Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 23:31   #1
BHPian

Baleno altura high rpm at idling and malfunction indicator

Hi all.
First of all, i must share with you how impressed i am with team bhps capabilites and desire to help people out. Cheers and very well done.
now coming to my problem. I own a baleno altura, done 70k +. Has a cng system installed. The cng has been installed over a year back; a month back the malfunction indicator came on, dissapeared after switching off and on again. Maruti claimed it was a sensor issue because of cng. Today my father says i came on repeatedly, and i think it came on once before as well. Along with this, dad claims the car rpm at idling shot up to 2000(some noise as well) as compared to less than 1k which is where it is usually.
What could these problems suggest ?
The car is getting old, it has been to many destinations, and is used in a somewhat rough manner due to the terrains it is subject to + my dog(loves the boot). I've also heard that baleno requires quite a few changes, namely clutch etc around the 70k mark. What would be wise, to sell or to keep. While helping me out please do keep in mind that i'd love to keep the car, it's very convinient for a family of 4 + dog.
please help me out. Thanking you all again.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can find out the fault code on your own as outlined in this thread . As M.A.S.S has said its a sensor problem.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:14   #3
BHPian

Keep the car, it's a gem, and really no-one has reported serious issues with the Baleno, when properly maintained and driven.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks