Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 11:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

Srini,

Any update? Or is your bull still lying there at TASS?
Old 10th December 2008, 16:26   #122
BHPian

Hi srini,

any updates on your Safari?? What happen??
Old 10th December 2008, 17:57   #123
Senior - BHPian

If he's suddenly very quiet, it usually means there is some traction. Probably doesnt want to dilute it through public discussion while the job is still on.
Old 29th April 2009, 21:50   #124
BHPian

Hi all iam fine,But some business commitments and family issues made me shake.Slowly getting back.Yes my safari is fine and have crosed 50000kms and tata ppl didnot help me and i did not have time to fight.so,have to go for insurance and the total expense was 12000 and got insurance for 7000.Will be active soon.
Old 30th April 2009, 05:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see you back BGLSrini!

And good to know that the vehicle has crossed 50k kms (time for long term ownership review, eh!), but sad that you had to claim insurance!

Wishes and prayer for things to settle down soon.
Old 30th April 2009, 06:57   #126
BHPian

I had the same issue on my 1999 Honda accord last friday. The lower ball joint broke and wheel was out like this. The tyre didn't seperate from the rim and the tyre and the alloy was reused. It happed while pulling into a parking spont at less than 10mph.
The tyre banged the fender and the fender got damaged. The w/shop told the ball joint rusted because the car was sitting for sometime and broke off without a warning.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:33   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

@Jomz: Do you have a picture? Even after 10 years the ball joint should not snap. If rust was culprit then by same measure your car body would have melted away in to nothingness by now. Something fishy and that from a Honda BJ..!! I know what all testing goes on since I used to export these myself in past.

@bglsrini: best of luck
Old 30th April 2009, 12:02   #128
BHPian

it was not exacly the ball joint. it a a bolt which held together to the balljoint. the bolt head sheared off the ball joint- the bolt fell through and wheel came of the lower ball joint.

something like this.
What happens when your lower ball joint breaks (not fun!)

I got it fixed. will pics of after repair would do??
Old 30th April 2009, 12:22   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

We are going OT here but the point I was making is that the cars which are designed to travel at high speeds rely on suspension steering and brakes for safety. Engine quitting or overheating or body rusting or interiors or headlight failing are important but not critical.

We tend to take general break down and critical breakdown in our stride but this can be disastrous and no car manufacturer today is able to waive off liability just because the car is beyond warranty if such critical failure occurs. (Imagine consequences of vehicle going out of control high speeds).

All critical parts undergo much more rigorous testing and then only used. Even bolt breaking off is not tolerable (unless it was replaced by sub-standard part) and that is part reason for OE parts being expensive (although profit motive plays major role in pricing). Secondly in designing these components and assemblies safety against failure is also designed in. Two bolts instead of one etc. etc.

That is why I was intrigued by bglsrini's post in the first instance as it shows that something is amiss in quality process or design. Your case too needs to be seriously looked in to especially with brand like Honda Accord. We do not pay extra only for comfort but also for engineering (recall all the adverts attesting to that). The workshop guys dismissing such thing as happenstance should not be acceptable.
Old 30th April 2009, 12:30   #130
BHPian

Welcome Back !!

hey srini, Welcome back!!

Do post pictures of your healed Beast!! Glad to see you back!!

Cheers,
Ramesh
Old 30th April 2009, 18:22   #131
BHPian

Hi...

I will be active soon my friends..........
thanx for your support.
Here in my bull standing last with its big brothers...........
Tata Safari suspension Arm Breakage-img_1054.jpg

Me in front of my brothers BULL DICOR 3L VX followed by my brother-in-law's BULL DICOR 3L LX followed by my BULL 2.2 VTT LX.
Tata Safari suspension Arm Breakage-img_1061.jpg
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:24   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Strange, I've seen quite a few Indicas with exactly the same breakdown.
An Indica cab broke down in front of my house yesterday, due to left side lower arm failure (difficult to take pics due to heavy traffic). No injuries to any of the occupants, luckily ! This was just after a speedbreaker close to my house.

Good to see your bull back in shape, Srini ! Chanced upon this thread while hunting lower arm failures on TBHP, after seeing yesterday's incident.

Last edited by mooza : 23rd August 2010 at 20:26.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

A tavera cab had same kind of suspension arm break in the office parking lot on a small hump few days back.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:32   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see you back and in thick of action

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks