Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 17:52   #1
BHPian

Accent - Starting trouble

Guys, i've got a hyundai accent, 6 yrs old now, its in good shape except for one problem. everytime i start the car, it takes quite a bit of time to start!

i've been having this problem for around 4 to 5 months now. HELP!! its actually quite irritating guys. and thr's also a rattling sound from the left front wheel (cant hear it when im driving on very good roads)
Old 19th November 2008, 18:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Takes quite a bit of time to start ? Do you mean the engine does not crank easily ?
How old is the battery on your Accent ?
Old 19th November 2008, 19:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Guys, i've got a hyundai accent, 6 yrs old now, its in good shape except for one problem. everytime i start the car, it takes quite a bit of time to start!

i've been having this problem for around 4 to 5 months now. HELP!! its actually quite irritating guys. and thr's also a rattling sound from the left front wheel (cant hear it when im driving on very good roads)

Is your car a CRDI ? and how many KMS it was covered in the past 6 years?
Old 20th November 2008, 09:19   #4
BHPian

its petrol dude..done around 60k kms..battery should be around 2 yrs old now..
Old 20th November 2008, 09:22   #5
BHPian

yeah it doesnt crank easily..but the second time i try startin it, it starts up instantly
Old 20th November 2008, 10:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

have you tried cleaning your plugs ?

two years i guess its kinnda ok for a petrol car , but for the diesel it might have problems. Between are you running any amplified ICE setup in your car now ?

Last edited by hellstar : 20th November 2008 at 10:19.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:04   #7
BHPian

yeah, cleaned them recently..its got an amp, a sub, root horns, 100/130w headlights..
Old 20th November 2008, 19:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

by any chance are you switching on these ICE equipment while cranking or else looks like a battery issue to me , but better if your battery is an Exide take it to the Exide service centre and they will tell you about the battery health but before that do check the electrolyte level in the battery. A.S.S typically forget about this aspect.

I would suspect the starter motor to be weak if the battery is not the culprit here.
Old 20th November 2008, 23:10   #9
BHPian

yeah dude, i never tend to switch off the ICE.. its always on..so whenevr i switch on my car, it goes on too..is it sumthin i shouldn be doin? thr's one more thing i've noticed, when i switch on my car, and a song starts playing, only the front speakers go on, and only after 3 to 4 secs, the whole system( rear speakers, amp and sub) go on..
Old 21st November 2008, 09:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

i usually turn on the ICE after i have started the engine , i guess other wise the amplifier and the other ICE components will have a current being drawn thereby reducing the juice available to the starter motor. Even worse this might also end up in damaging you ICE equipment. I would suggest otherwise.

Dude get ur battery and starter motor check first befores investigating any further :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks