Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 19:51   #1
BHPian

swift's lights stopped working? urgent help please

hello friends
i have a 2007 swift vxi (petrol), yesterday suddenly my odometer's orange light, parking lights and tail lights stopped working, the headlights and brake lights are fine and the rest of the car is working perfectly only these lights have stopped working, now yesterday my headunit (cd player)was taken out of the dash slot and refitted inside it as the speaker wires were being added, this problem happened after this episode, now before i take my car to the maruti service center, i want to know that whats the problem, if its a fuse or a loose wire i am willing to spend the needful but if the bcm thing has gone kaput then i think i will have to remove the aftermarket horn and amplifier and subwoofer becuase otherwise they will deny me my warranty, if anyone of you swift users have faced a similiar problem please help me urgently because i have to take the carr to mass tomorrw
Old 7th December 2008, 20:32   #2
BHPian

Fuse Blown for sure

Hey Makanaka,

The issue that your having is that youve got a blown fuse for sure ,cause as per your issue description the lights that have stopped ( Odometer, Parking and Taillights ) functioning are operated from a single switch which pretty much means that the fuse connected to them is blown.

Just replacing the fuse should solve the issue for you.

I dont know in case of a Swift but the fuses are usually found on the Drivers Side KickPanel or you can refer to your Owners Manual for the Fuse Box location.

Please check them out.

Cheers

Peter.
Old 7th December 2008, 20:43   #3
BHPian

Headlight fuse can be found under the hood, near the battery. Not too sure in case of swift.
Old 7th December 2008, 21:01   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
hello friends
i have a 2007 swift vxi (petrol), yesterday suddenly my odometer's orange light, parking lights and tail lights stopped working, the headlights and brake lights are fine and the rest of the car is working perfectly only these lights have stopped working, now yesterday my headunit (cd player)was taken out of the dash slot and refitted inside it as the speaker wires were being added, this problem happened after this episode, now before i take my car to the maruti service center, i want to know that whats the problem, if its a fuse or a loose wire i am willing to spend the needful but if the bcm thing has gone kaput then i think i will have to remove the aftermarket horn and amplifier and subwoofer becuase otherwise they will deny me my warranty, if anyone of you swift users have faced a similiar problem please help me urgently because i have to take the carr to mass tomorrw
you have a blown fuse,caused possibly by interference of power supply of HU with some earthing.The only thing is - is the CD player working now?If yes,have that ICE guy immediately check the wiring and what he did - you will find out the problem and eliminate it.Then check which fuse has blown and replace it(should be a 10 amps or 15 amps one).

The fuse box is generally somewhere below the steering column(can be accessed from the area near the clutch,brake pedals;don't know about the Swift.

Keep us updated;and don't worry.
Old 7th December 2008, 22:49   #5
BHPian

the stereo has always been fine, everything else is working fine, the headlights ets are fine, just the parking lights the odometer light and the tail light are not working
Old 7th December 2008, 22:51   #6
BHPian

and yeah the stereo is working just fine too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks