Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2018, 15:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brake warning light comes on while accelerating

Yes in my case it was a faulty clutch slave cylinder leaking fluid , the ASS did not disclose it to me and kept topping up at that time. Mods may close this thread if it is too old
Old 29th April 2021, 21:36   #17
BHPian

I've a Ford Fiesta Classic 2014 - started giving me this <!> sign on the dashboard tonight.
Ford classifies this as a Brake System Warning Lamp.

There are no visible leaks on the car - brake fluid levels look good.
Handbrake does not give any issues.

My mechanic says this could be a brake fluid issue OR a handbrake button problem - maybe the cable gone bad/rusted etc.

Thankfully the light came on when I was just 300 mtr from home.
With the lockdown in MH, my use of this car before May 15 is going to be a gamble. My mechanic warned me to stop using the car immediately if the brakes start feeling spongy.

BTW, my hood latch broke as well when I put it back down after checking the brake fluid level.

Any inputs/suggestions solicited.
Old 8th May 2021, 14:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
I've a Ford Fiesta Classic 2014 - started giving me this <!> sign on the dashboard tonight.
Ford classifies this as a Brake System Warning Lamp.
Any inputs/suggestions solicited.
As long as you don't see:

1. Any leakage of brake fluid in the engine compartment, or from any one of the wheels.
2. Drop in brake fluid level in the reservoir.
3. Deterioration in braking effectiveness

you can use your car without any worry .

This is most likely the parking brake switch needing a replacement, or a minor adjustment of the cable and parking brake switch assembly.
sandeep.menon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 16:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.menon View Post

This is most likely the parking brake switch needing a replacement, or a minor adjustment of the cable and parking brake switch assembly.
I thought of the same. But it turned out to be the glow plugs. All 4 of them. Cost me ₹4800 to replace including ₹800 in labour costs.
I was certain it wasn't the hand brake cables as the error code was related to power train.
Thought it was the power cables that plug into the PCM.

I had also experienced a bit of power loss in an overtaking maneuver while I was taking the car to the service station. That was scary.

The glow plugs, as I understand, give enough heat for the fuel to burn until the engine temperature reaches optimum range.
Since it's summer, starting the car wasn't a trouble but I sure experienced a second or two additional in cranking the engine vs now. White smoke from unburnt diesel is a side effect but I did not realise that.

Bottom line, the glow plugs have been changed, car serviced and its good for the next year... Until something else gives up.. Its a 7 yr car as of May 12 this year

Cheers!
Old 8th May 2021, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Bottom line, the glow plugs have been changed, car serviced and its good for the next year... Until something else gives up.. Its a 7 yr car as of May 12 this year

Cheers!
All's well that ends well! But I still have not been able to reconcile the Brake System Warning Lamp to the glow plugs. Perhaps the warning lamp was not related to brakes, and was a different warning lamp, then?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks