Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 09:27   #1
BHPian

Power Steering and Compressor : Esteem

Last evening after few KM of driving, I started to hear a wiered sound from the car, somehow metallic in nature. Now being an old dame, noises are common and sometimes they go off automatically. But after another 15 kilometers, the noise persisted. I stopped and opened the bonnet, the noise was coming from the belt side.

I assumed that on of the bearing or belt is making the noise and continued driving (however I got all the belts changed like only 10k km earlier). After that drove other 25-30 km and parked the car for few hours.

The my friend was driving the car while coming back, as I had some liquor in me, he took couple of very wiered turns, and while he was reversing it once, I felt like the PS was not working. Finally I took the wheel and LO !! the PS was actually not working, I drove it a bit and then thought of checking the AC, because as per my knowledge compressor and PS share the same belt. And (thankfully!) the AC did not cool.

So right now I am assuming that belt is gone, I have not yet opened the bonnet to see it, but I wanted to post it here first, so that I prepared for all scenarios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks