Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 12:34   #1
BHPian

Some Problems with my petra

This is regarding my Fiat petra ELPS 1.6 (40K Kms)It been a week since I noticed that the fan that gets turned on when the engine is switched off has not been working.

A second problem that has been there for a while is that there are white spots seen on the car. Last may I had my car polished at Tata service center. Does anyone know why I am seeing these white spots. Can the polish have caused this problem to appear. Or is it due to bad paint quality.

If I have to get it repainted can I go for another color and how much would be the approximate cost for a new paint job?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shbhrao View Post
It been a week since I noticed that the fan that gets turned on when the engine is switched off has not been working.
Possibly due to the dip in winter temperatures?

Quote:
A second problem that has been there for a while is that there are white spots seen on the car. Last may I had my car polished at Tata service center. Does anyone know why I am seeing these white spots. Can the polish have caused this problem to appear. Or is it due to bad paint quality.
Can you post pics? Neither polishing nor a bad paint job cause white dots. Most probably, the white dots have been caused by some painting work in your building.

Quote:
If I have to get it repainted can I go for another color and how much would be the approximate cost for a new paint job?
Anywhere between 18,000 - 45,000 depending on quality & vendor.
Old 29th December 2008, 20:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Possibly due to the dip in winter temperatures?

Can you post pics? Neither polishing nor a bad paint job cause white dots. Most probably, the white dots have been caused by some painting work in your building.

Anywhere between 18,000 - 45,000 depending on quality & vendor.
Thanks GTO for your reply. I hope u are right about the dipping temperature.
About the white spots though, it is not external paint. I will try and post pics. It looks like faded white spots (like the kind that you see when you diwali fireworks are burnt in the floor. Puzzling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks