Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I too would like to thank all the other Hyundai car owners who have given their feedback in this thread.

From what I have learned so far from this site and elsewhere, the check light reports what the O2 sensor detects. Is that right? Having more or less established that some Hyundai models do not have engine check light, can it be that those models do not have the O2 sensor installed. That, I believe, is unthinkable in a modern ECU controlled car. So maybe, hopefully, it just the yellow light that is missing.

Link explaining O2 sensor:
HowStuffWorks "How does the oxygen sensor in a car work?"
all mpfi cars have 02 sensors . it is not possible to comply with the euro standards of emission without having a O2 sensor . in fact most cars have two O2 sensors one at the exhaust manifold and one after the catalytic converter . besides the o2 sensor indication the check engine light is switched on whenever the ecu throws any error code which are generated whenever the various onboard sensors detect any malfunction or the sensor themselves malfunction . So in a hyundai if there is a malfunction you will not come to know about it unless you get the car scanned at the A.S.S. also they do not routinely scan cars which come for servicing I know because I have owned two hyundais in the last six years . What is the logic behind this strange practice of hyundai not installing a check engine light in there cars is best known to them
Old 7th February 2009, 18:28   #17
BHPian

I own a 2003 Opel Corsa and I have observed that my check light does not switch on either. Similar to the Getz'. Showed it to the A.S.S guys - Talera automobiles. They could not diagnose it either. They expected to see the check light to be on when the IGN key was switch to IGN position. The scan did not point to anything amiss. opened up the ECU/ECM and tried checking the wiring, changed the bulb nothing wrong there. I am confused now, since I have read in some of the threads here that Opel Corsa does have the CEL functioning. Adman had a problem with his modded Corsa check light being ON sometime back.
Old 6th July 2009, 13:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked in my Getz GLX today and did not find any yellow light except ABS SRI light.
Quote:
risqa's statement and my own observation begs the question: Is the Engine Check Light present in the Getz at all? From the discussion so far it seems to be an integral part of a modern petrol engine. Nevertheless it seem to be missing in the Getz. Can other Getz owners confirm or deny? If it does exist, I will need to get my Getz checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
I have a 2006 Getz GLE (base model) and I don't see the engine check light when i turn the ignition ON. Only the Battery, Oil Pressure and Brake lights glows red.

I have no idea about the high-end versions of Getz though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
HI,

I owned a top of the line Getz in 2007 and can confirm that it did not have a check light. Had modded it extensively and one day I found that the car was not running right so got it scanned. A trouble code was thrown up but no check light. Its another matter that I deleted the same and all was OK.

Viper
I have a Getz 2005 1.3 GL model. From my ownership, I can confirm that the CEL light doesn't exist in the Getz. It has never lit up during ignition.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

My Getz CRDi has this light, and it goes off when the engine is cranked. It is located at the right of the speedo (if I remember right will check & confirm when I leave work)
Old 7th July 2009, 02:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Herez an image of the check light on a Getz CRDi from undead's car-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...67-medium-.jpg
Old 7th July 2009, 11:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
My Getz CRDi has this light, and it goes off when the engine is cranked. It is located at the right of the speedo (if I remember right will check & confirm when I leave work)
Check light seems to be absent from the petrol version but present in the diesel version
Old 7th July 2009, 14:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

if its not there how does one come to know there is an error. the yamaha FZ and even the TATA nano has it.
one cant go scanning the ecu everytime they visit the service station. is there any other way in getz to check this ?
Old 10th August 2010, 17:30   #23
BHPian

Hi All,

Reopening an old thread..

One of my friend who has a Getz GLS 2006 Model (Petrol). I am posting this issue on his behalf. He recently came across an issue with his fuel pump with his Getz. When he tries to do a change gears from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, it feels like vehicle is going to get stopped. Yesterday the situation got worse, his vehicle was not starting at all. So he called up the 24/7 Customer Care for First Choice, they came up & found that it is a faulty fuel pump which is causing the problem. Also my friend was informed that he would be charged 6000 bugs for the fuel kit.

Is it really required to replace the whole Fuel Kit or just the fuel pump will do good. Response would be appreciated.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:35   #24
BHPian

Probably check with a local mechanic, it should be that high to my knowledge. Lets hear it from any GETZ owner.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:51   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hi All,

Reopening an old thread..

One of my friend who has a Getz GLS 2006 Model (Petrol). I am posting this issue on his behalf. He recently came across an issue with his fuel pump with his Getz. When he tries to do a change gears from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, it feels like vehicle is going to get stopped. Yesterday the situation got worse, his vehicle was not starting at all. So he called up the 24/7 Customer Care for First Choice, they came up & found that it is a faulty fuel pump which is causing the problem. Also my friend was informed that he would be charged 6000 bugs for the fuel kit.

Is it really required to replace the whole Fuel Kit or just the fuel pump will do good. Response would be appreciated.

AFA my knowledge goes, the price quoted is mainly of fuel pump. The fuel pump alone would cost somewhere above 5k and the rest would be consumables. I suggest you go for a complete fuel kit.

Experts, please comment.
Old 8th October 2014, 22:27   #26
BHPian

Re: Engine check light - Getz

Today Morning I had left my parking lights ON in the Office parking for my 2006 GLE GETZ. I saw it after about 8 hours. Immediately I started the Engine, it started off with a slight hesitation. Tonight I find 2 warning lights glowing in my panel - 1- Battery Warning Indicator and 2- Brake Warning Indicator.
I can understand the First Light coming on. But what about the Brake Warning Indicators?? I checked the brake fluid level and it is filled to the level. Any inputs to help me from GETZ owners?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks