Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 05:48   #31
BHPian

Re: My rusted esteem - bringing it back to shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Rush to the service center immediately! Something smells fishy and you had better go there instead of being so patient and getting more worried.
Hi Ishaan,

The service centre is 35 KMs from my place. They work from 9 AM to 6 PM and I work from 9 PM to 6 AM. That is the reason I am not able to visit the service centre. I have got their email today and they are asking me to pay 3k plus taxes in order to return the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Anything preventing you from going to the service center yourself to get a first hand look of what is happening? If not, I suggest you rush there personally and make sure you get the car back as you want it. To me that is the biggest priority. You can think about what to do next after you get the car back.
As I mentioned above the Service centre is close to my office is 35 KMs from my residence and my work timings are exactly opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This is apart from getting to the service center el-pronto.

[b]CNG/
Why not sell off the esteem, and get the gypsy fixed up with the income?
Hi Mayank,

I would love to do that but then I won't have a Daily Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
Fords are compatible with CNG. any car can be converted and fords are quite easy to convert. Given that the retrofitter has the knowledge and uses the right equipment.
You can and should only fit a sequential kit.

regards,
s
Hi Himanshu,

Do you have any first hand experience with a CNG fitted Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This is quite contrary to what I faced.
The 1.6 Duratec is like a rotten egg to most of the established installers in Delhi/NCR.
Also, when my car used to go to A.S.S for service, I was informed by ford that CNGd vehicles are not allowed in. I dont know about the veracity of this as a directive, as it just an SAs verbal communication. This was about 3 years back.
Exactly the same. I have spoken to 2- 3 CNG fitment centres. And all of them said that they can do it and they have fitted CNG on Fiestas in the past as well however when I spoke to a guy working at one of the CNG fitment centres (its the one who takes care of my Esteem) he said it is not successful with Fiesta and the car would misfire even if I install sequential kit. On inquiring further with the owner he suggested for a regular kit and not sequential stating that fiesta has lot of sensors and with sequential the sensors tend to read incorrect data and give problems.

So my question to all of you is am I supposed to pay 3K plus taxes to them. and if not than how can i get these charges reverted. and what shall I do once i have the car back.

nIk

Most Viewed