Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2009, 16:56   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Accent GLS (ABS) Shock Absorbers Replacement

Hello everybody,
I'm looking to replace all 4 shock absorbers for my Accent 1.6L GLS.
Hyundai guys are heading for a good budget of 12k (all 4 of them).

I wanna go for aftermarket fitment. Chinese shock absorbers are available in the market but without warranty.

Which should be the best shock absorbers for accent? Also, i have CNG installed, so any hard springs available in the market for Accent?

Thanx in advance
Old 31st January 2009, 18:59   #2
BHPian

Try Gabriel Shock Absorbers, you can get them for most of the Indian cars in the market and they aren't that expensive too.

Go to a good car repair market like Palika Bhavan opposite Hyatt Hotel or Green Park where Upahaar Cinema was and yo should get them there. Beware of and Check throughly for any repaired pieces which are sold back as new.
Old 31st January 2009, 19:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Try Gabriel Shock Absorbers, you can get them for most of the Indian cars in the market and they aren't that expensive too.

Go to a good car repair market like Palika Bhavan opposite Hyatt Hotel or Green Park where Upahaar Cinema was and yo should get them there. Beware of and Check throughly for any repaired pieces which are sold back as new.
Gabriel have shock absorbers for accent ? I had been to their site, it showed only 2 wheelers.
Old 31st January 2009, 20:38   #4
BHPian

[quote=Gangsta;1152416]Hello everybody,

I put MANDO , Korea in my accent gls ( front set ) cost me 1000 each. At Prakash Motors , Near Milan Subway , santacruz (e).
Have done 10000 km on it. they are good pair of struts let me tell you that.
Only problem is the QHT ( Talbros ) linkages , Tie ends , steering ball joints tend to weaken early. the stock stuff was great. the aftermarket is not so.
the struts are good though. there is another make available called MONROE ( spelling may be different ) they are good too.
But in case you need to change the mountings , please dont go for the cheap Delhi local stuff available. Do buy OE. the aftermarket stuff is lousy. I changed a pair in only 6000 km and it had started making noise as early as 1500km.
the stockists may swear by it. but dont fall for that. IT JUST DOES NOT WORK. a bad pair of mountings ll spoil the best of front setup.
Old 31st January 2009, 23:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Gabriel have shock absorbers for accent ? I had been to their site, it showed only 2 wheelers.
I think Gabriel are OE supplier for TATA vehicles. So they do make car shockers.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:40   #6
BHPian

My car was driven over a divider at great speed by the aligNment guy while taking trial. would nt admit it anyway...
rear strut started leaking. both right rims bent. Right rear tyre has got a bulge. So some body's callousneness costing me 2 new tyres, 2 struts and the work. The plastic caps luckily survived the orderal. Just littl bent portion and scratches.
Had to replace both rear now though the left rear strut is good.
Cost me Rs.1265/each 'MONROE' make for the gas filled struts.
Procured at Shetty Motors , Opera House, Mumbai. Incidently the guy has most of the OE spares of Hyundai and just about all imports.
Pakka bill & warranty types , but doesnt give as much discount as other smaller vendors.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 13th February 2009 at 12:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks