Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 17:55   #1
BANNED

A strange sound while braking

HI,
I have the Palio MJD which is 8 months old now. I have been observing that it is giving these slightly jarring sound while braking. I told this when I went for service and they said that it was because of rust or something and would lubricate the drums. It was absent for a week or so after that but it has reappeared again. The sound is something like metal rubbing against metal like Ggaannnjjj. What could be the reason?

I also see some black oil stains near the rim when I wash the tyres with soap, has this got anything to do wit it??
Old 11th February 2009, 18:52   #2

Yeah that happened in my wagon r too. But the problem as told to me was due to water entering the braking setup alonwith the wheels.
Soln:- Ask the person who is washing your car to not to put any water on the wheels and tyres (wipe the wheel with wet cloth and use tyre foam for tyre cleaning...as suggesed by Rudra sir in his post on car care).
I believe this would surely solve your problem.
Old 11th February 2009, 22:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

Zaks,

Please search the forum, there are several threads on brakes screeching / making noises (common when the pads are due for replacement etc etc).

Thread closed.
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks