Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 12:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

My friend took my 1 month old Spark for a test drive and hit a bike. RH front portion is damaged. Where in bangalore can I repair the bumper? Could anyone suggest a shop near Indira Nagar?
Old 4th April 2010, 22:03   #17
BHPian

Bumper repair in Delhi

A MAruti van hit my Safari 2.2 from behind after I hard braked. The van fell apart but also loosened my bumper, broke the lights on bumper and also bumper is little raised under the back door.

Please see pics
Bumper scar/cut repair?-dent-main.jpg

Bumper scar/cut repair?-dsc01633-1024x768.jpg

Can anybody recommend a shop/person in or around south Delhi or Noida, whom i can use to get it back in shape?
Old 5th April 2010, 17:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Can anybody recommend a shop/person in or around south Delhi or Noida, whom i can use to get it back in shape?
I'd suggest Star Auto Garage in Sec-16, Noida. Ask for a guy named Raju, an excellent person for bodywork repairs.
Old 18th May 2013, 22:03   #19
BHPian

Bumper Repair - Advise Needed

Hi All,

I need some advise on the Bumper repair for my Ritz.

I hit a dog on the Mangalore - Bangalore highway at a good speed. The image of the dog rolling still fresh in my mind. It was still alive though. Saw it getting up and running in the rear view mirror.

Bumper scar/cut repair?-20130506_082322.jpg

Bumper scar/cut repair?-20130506_082331.jpg

Bumper scar/cut repair?-20130506_082344.jpg

Bumper scar/cut repair?-20130506_082318.jpg

Damage - The Inter-cooler was damaged by the screw behind the Hella Red Grill that I got installed recently. Realized only after the MASS removed the bumper to look for other damages. The Inter-cooler and the black plastic in the middle portion was replaced. The alignment of the bumper was corrected as well. Total bill Rs. 5786.00.

Now there is a cut in the bumper (last pic from top) that hurts me everytime i look at it. It is about 1.5 inch wide. As usual the MASS recommended full bumper replacement that costs Rs.6500 and if I claim insurance I pay 50%.

Next places that I checked were Sai Colorium and My TVS. Both these places quoted Rs.3500 + taxes. This is for Bumper Repair + Full Bumper painting.

BHPians, could you please let me know if these prices are reasonable and should I go for it?

Alternate option 1: I was looking for the bumper stitches that is done by few road side bumper repair fellows. Looked for these fellows in and around JC road but in vain. Anyone here know these guys? If the stitches are done perfectly in a criss-cross manner could look stylish was my idea (pic below).

Bumper scar/cut repair?-stiches.jpg

Alternate option 2: The chrome beading like thing (pic below). I have seen these in many Ritz and thought these could very well hide the cut. Not a big fan of chrome though.

Bumper scar/cut repair?-images.jpg
Old 18th May 2013, 22:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is the cut in the bumper worth 3k? That's what you need to decide. If you are the type who wants the ride to be in showroom condition all the time, there's no question but you should get it replaced. If you value money, you can live with it.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 00:01   #21
BHPian

Re: Bumper Repair - Advise Needed

why don't you try a second hand bumper. The Ritz has been around for sometime now so there are chances you may find one, it may come in the wrong color (which you can respray), if you are lucky you might even find one in your car's shade. Ask around in your local garages they'll help you with the sourcing and fitting.
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 06:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Hi All,

Try Trend Automobiles. I have personal experience with them and I have seen them doing bumper repair. Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 09:48   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post

Try Trend Automobiles. I have personal experience with them and I have seen them doing bumper repair. Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
I second Pramod's recommendation. I got some work done at Trend three days ago and their work is very good indeed. While there on a recce visit I saw a Honda Accord land up for bumper repairs. After my recce of their premises I gave my vehicle the next day. In the evening when I was picking up my vehicle, the owner showed me the work he had initiated on the Honda bumper with that fibre reinforced plastic sheet and the special glue etc. Once that was dried, he would begin the paint work. Ive seen other examples of his paint work while I was there on my recce visit the previous day and it is good. You wont regret going there. Specifically mention that you are a TBHP member and they will put out the red carpet for you...
Don't judge them by their humble old fashioned garage style setting. Their work is first class and they take pride in doing a good job...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 19th May 2013 at 09:49.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 11:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Damage - The Inter-cooler was damaged by the screw behind the Hella Red Grill that I got installed recently. Realized only after the MASS removed the bumper to look for other damages. The Inter-cooler and the black plastic in the middle portion was replaced. The alignment of the bumper was corrected as well. Total bill Rs. 5786.00.
Its because of incidents like this that it is not recommended to mount accessories such as big horns in front of the radiators (read as intercooler/radiator/condenser/oilcooler).
A minor hit which the bumper could take on its own without damaging the radiator behind would turn out to be expensive when these large horns would bend backwards and puncture the radiator. The new gen plastic bumpers will crumple and it will push whatever is mounted behind further backwards. So its recommended that when additional horns are installed it be installed not in front of the radiator. In the case of ritz/swift a pair of big horns will sit in the cavity below LH headlamp behind the LH fog lamp when fixed with additional clamps, it will still sound loud enough.

Quote:
Now there is a cut in the bumper (last pic from top) that hurts me everytime i look at it. It is about 1.5 inch wide. As usual the MASS recommended full bumper replacement that costs Rs.6500 and if I claim insurance I pay 50%.

Next places that I checked were Sai Colorium and My TVS. Both these places quoted Rs.3500 + taxes. This is for Bumper Repair + Full Bumper painting.

BHPians, could you please let me know if these prices are reasonable and should I go for it?
The quote by MASS is high, the unpainted bumper will cost you around 1700 or 2500. (New swift's unpainted front bumper is only 1700). Realistic pricing from them would be around 5000, most of the time the MASS quotes are higher than actuals, final bill would be lower.

Quote given by Sai and My TVS is very reasonable for the repair inclusive of painting.

The results in the Trend workshop thread looks good! Maybe you should check them out.

Quote:
Alternate option 1: I was looking for the bumper stitches that is done by few road side bumper repair fellows. Looked for these fellows in and around JC road but in vain. Anyone here know these guys? If the stitches are done perfectly in a criss-cross manner could look stylish was my idea (pic below).

Attachment 1085133
If you thinking of that then get the below instead, it will look a lot better. And it will be strong!
http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-50132...b+weld+plastic

Last edited by Sankar : 19th May 2013 at 11:12.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 11:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Try this link and contact these manufacturers. Could be a lot cheaper than from car manufacturers.
http://www.tradeindia.com/manufacturers/car-bumper.html
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 14:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Is the cut in the bumper worth 3k? If you value money, you can live with it.
It is surely not worth 3k. But I am only worried if the tear expands due to wind force as I do a lot of highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
why don't you try a second hand bumper.
This is again going to be a refurbished one. It is as good as getting my bumper repaired and painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Try Trend Automobiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I second Pramod's recommendation.
In the evening when I was picking up my vehicle, the owner showed me the work he had initiated on the Honda bumper with that fibre reinforced plastic sheet and the special glue etc.
This is a place I will definitely visit. I am now thinking if the cut can be repaired and joined from the inside. I can live with the crack showing from the out or very well cover it with some decal. My priority is that the crack should not expand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Its because of incidents like this that it is not recommended to mount accessories such as big horns in front of the radiators (read as intercooler/radiator/condenser/oilcooler).
So its recommended that when additional horns are installed it be installed not in front of the radiator. In the case of ritz/swift a pair of big horns will sit in the cavity below LH headlamp behind the LH fog lamp when fixed with additional clamps, it will still sound loud enough.
I was trying to get them fitted at the stock horn positions. I have the other horn fitted at the exact same place recommended by you. May be I should move this horn to the same place with an additional clamp.

I washed my car today and took some additional pictures.

Bumper scar/cut repair?-20130519_135859.jpg

Bumper scar/cut repair?-20130519_135911.jpg
Old 19th May 2013, 15:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

I personally don't think the cut will expand due to wind forces. But then you can always wait for a couple of months and find out. Then you can take an informed decision.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 16:12   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

This is a place I will definitely visit. I am now thinking if the cut can be repaired and joined from the inside. I can live with the crack showing from the out or very well cover it with some decal. My priority is that the crack should not expand.
Mate. They will have to use that FRP mesh substance and special glue to repair the tear in the fibre glass surface from the rear side. However, they will certainly need to do proper re paint job on your bumper, else it will show up from the front. No other way. No question of avoiding that paint job.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 22:21   #29
BHPian

Re: Bumper scar/cut repair?

Hi all.
I recently had a short circuit fire in my Fortuner which burnt the co-driver side headlight and melted some part of bumper below it. The light and entire engine bay wiring was replaced by ASC for 1.9 lacs and the bumper was costing another 30k plus. So I decided to give it a try at a local garage.
The garage guy first cut a similar size piece from an old bumper lying with him and moulded it in the gap with help of a hot air blower. Then repainting of entire bumper was done. The job done was unbelievable for just Rs 2500.
Sharing pics below.
Work done by Baby Motors, Palika Bhawan, Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215532_542.jpg  

Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215600_399.jpg  

Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215627_833.jpg  

Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215659_874.jpg  

Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215724_280.jpg  

Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215754_369.jpg  

Bumper scar/cut repair?-rps20170818_215819_115.jpg  

gotcha797 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks