Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 18:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
OK the job is done . Just drove the car back. Changed the Cannister @ Rs 2387/- plus VAT , Valve Assy -Fuel Cut Solenoid @ Rs 311/- plus VAT , Valve Assy -2 Way @ Rs 521/- plus VAT.

In addition total labour for these three was Rs 306/- plus ST. Other labour incl fuel pump cleaning @ Rs 115/- , Fuel Injector Cleaning @ Rs 235/-
Ok - that looks like... about Rs.3900? In all probability the canister need not have been changed, but now that's been done, enjoy the ride - full tank to empty.

Will look forward to your FE report.
Old 11th April 2009, 19:25   #17
BHPian

They went for a test drive after each change. The canister was changed only after the defect persisted after the v/v change. They had called up asking for approval to change each part. I was very specific about that. So maybe the canister did need a change. Anyways no way of knowing , is there. An interesting bit though. I paid some Rs 2395 odd plus VAT for the canister whereas in the box ( they put then old one in the box and returned it ) it says MRP 2100/- incl of all taxes in all states. Gave them a call . The service advisor seemed foxed. Awaiting a revert from them on Monday.

So do we have a system error ? What answers can i expect from them people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Ok - that looks like... about Rs.3900? In all probability the canister need not have been changed, but now that's been done, enjoy the ride - full tank to empty.

Old 11th April 2009, 20:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So maybe the canister did need a change. Anyways no way of knowing , is there. An interesting bit though. I paid some Rs 2395 odd plus VAT for the canister whereas in the box ( they put then old one in the box and returned it ) it says MRP 2100/- incl of all taxes in all states. Gave them a call . The service advisor seemed foxed. Awaiting a revert from them on Monday.

So do we have a system error ? What answers can i expect from them people?
What matters is that your car is fit after an expenditure which was half of what was originally estimated.

Maybe Hyundai's price list did an upward revision from 1st April? You ought to document this in writing with a protest to Hyundai about being overcharged. Write an email to cr@hmil.net with images of the bill and the box.
Old 16th April 2009, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Just my luck..had to go in again for front wheel bearing chnage!! Good part : o got a refund on the excess charged incl VAT !! not bad. Had a long chat with their Cust Care manager who it turns out happens to be a member of this forum as well ! He is quite a knowledgable guy . HMP in Mumbai rocks people :-)

SS stand by for the input on mileage . My daily driving is just about a km or two plus some more when i go out on weekends or to the suburbs in Mumbai , it might take a while :-)

Which brings me to - with 3K driving in a year is it worth spending money on a windshield screen ?

Quote:
What matters is that your car is fit after an expenditure which was half of what was originally estimated.

Maybe Hyundai's price list did an upward revision from 1st April? You ought to document this in writing with a protest to Hyundai about being overcharged. Write an email to cr@hmil.net with images of the bill and the box.
Old 7th May 2009, 19:54   #20
BHPian

HI Guys . Sorry about the delay in writing in. The car did 310 km in 32 litres which works out to about 9.6kmpl all with ac. This is including crawling traffic in peak time Mumbai for about 45 min on a particular day. Will keep checking it further and give an update if it changes. Car running smooth now :-)

Thanks for all the advise . have learnt more about a car's system.

Quote:

Old 7th May 2009, 19:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
310 km in 32 litres which works out to about 9.6kmpl all with ac.
Great - that's a good improvement on FE. Keep driving!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks