Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 01:51   #1
BHPian

Ikon 1.8 Radiator Fan not Working!!

Hi Guys Today while Driving my Ikon 1.8 In rush hour traffic with the A/c on the cooling which till date has been exceptional suddenly reduced tremendously. Also the temp needle started rising slowly, and voila there was a slight burning smell like plastic and a small amount of smoke frm the bonnet.

I pulled over Popped the hood of the car and saw the radiator Fan was not working also there was no smoke but was a small burning smell like plastic. By now the Temp nedle was around 3/4 mark.

Traffic had eased up by now and i hit the ring road so was able to drive home at around 60kph with the temp needle never crossing the half was mark

Checked the fuses next to the battery and the 60 amp fuse is blown.
Old 11th April 2009, 02:18   #2
BHPian

Guys could you please advise on the current situation as to what can be at fault and the costs involved.

Also i am looking at a decent workshop other that the FOrd centres to get this repaired as i have had nasty experiences at Ford, So if you guys could suggest a decent Workshop In delhi Or NCR i would be obliged.

[ Mods am sorry hit enter by mistake and could not complete the post tried editng but 20 mins had elapsed hence the second post]
Old 12th April 2009, 00:39   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Me thinks it's a wiring / electrical problem, hence you got the burning smell of plastic. That's why your fuse went off as well. Have an expert go through the entire electrical network, especially focusing on the cooling system. If the temp didn't go over 1/2 or 3/4, your engine should be safe.

Search through the forum got recommended shops up north.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Me thinks it's a wiring / electrical problem, hence you got the burning smell of plastic. That's why your fuse went off as well. Have an expert go through the entire electrical network, especially focusing on the cooling system. If the temp didn't go over 1/2 or 3/4, your engine should be safe.

Search through the forum got recommended shops up north.
Even i think its something to do with faulty wiring somewhere, the issue is to find a competent mechanic who doesnt rip me off because am still studying and have a tight budget

Any how i went to south city ford in noida and the service advisor looked at the car for 5 mins an gave me an estimate of 8000/rs . On my asking whats wrong he said that they have to replace the radiator fan motor as its not working.

Tried searching the forum but didnt find anything on reccomended workshops in NCR delhi. Guys am desperate now so if any one of you knows of a decent mechanic please let me know.
Old 13th April 2009, 00:29   #5
BANNED

Ask any car electrician to check whether radiator fan is working by disconnecting the fan coupler and connecting it directly to battery this way you will know atleast the fan is well .After that you can decide anything else .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks