Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 13:55   #1
BHPian

tyres & chassis damage- Zen 2002 MPFI

Hello guys,
I need advice from you all on tyres & chassis for Zen 2002 MPFI
Last week I gave my car for servicing and the amount was 6,014/
including both side apron patching ( welding )[/FONT][/SIZE]
The manager at M.A.S.S said the chassis had develop two crack ( below the battery and below the air filter intake) which was duely repaired ( My car had done 71K ).
The other thing he pointed out that my rear left side tyre has a tear ( not visible ) and need to change it as I would not be able to drive at higher speed ( max 70 km/hr ). My spare tyre is out of shape and if used the car would wobble.Third point is that my two stock rims are damage slightly.
He advice me to sell off my car as there is no scope in keeping it longer.
Now my question to you all- I have very well maintained this car with absolutely no rattle in it, service done at every 5000 KM. I want to keep it for another two years.
Can I change my front wheel tyres to Michelin and then put those two at the rear and then the remaining one rear tyre I can use as spare. Also change two of my damage rims.
In doing so what will be my estimate expenditure, also I am on tight budget.
has anyone faced this kind of problem in their cars where chassis has been damage.
Thax in advance
Old 14th April 2009, 14:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

One of our zen diesel had a cracked chasis at about 80k kms. Promptly sold it off. You can get zen steel rims for about 200 bucks a piece. Search any tyre shop that stocks alloys. You can use new michelins upfront and your old tyres at the back. It is safe from what i heard.
I have no clue about chasis repair works.

EDIT: Since you are on a budget check out other tyre brands also, BF goodrich, appolo acceleres etc.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 14th April 2009 at 14:08.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
One of our zen diesel had a cracked chasis at about 80k kms. Promptly sold it off. You can get zen steel rims for about 200 bucks a piece. Search any tyre shop that stocks alloys. You can use new michelins upfront and your old tyres at the back. It is safe from what i heard.
I have no clue about chasis repair works.

EDIT: Since you are on a budget check out other tyre brands also, BF goodrich, appolo acceleres etc.
cracked chassis has been patched by MASS
Old 14th April 2009, 15:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

Change 2 tires and if you drive fast esp in rains put them in the rear axle, if not front should be fine. Get 2nd hand zen rims and replace them also. Another cheap option is to find good second hand tires and replace all 4 if you are on a tight budget, but ensure you take someone who is familiar with tire stuff.

All this will cost you 5-6k INR and since you have already repaired the chassis there is no urgency to sell and pick a new car.

The rusting is quite common for old maruti vehicle thanks to battery fluid spill and water spills, accelerated if you are living in coastal area like mumbai.

Moral of the story, try to keep your car clean! as much as possible, and do regular pressure wash (underbody and engine bay) and store it dry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks