Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 21:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I dont think its an ECU reset issue, if so also it would be back to normal within 10-15 kms of running. Check you air filter and its plumbing.

More over swift P doesnt have that kind of pep under 2k rpm, if there is an issue at high rpm then it needs to be checked.
I agree with that. Somehow I feel its got something to do with the air filter.
It definitely is weird, as we always hear about a car running a lot smoother & the engine feeling rejuvinated after a service (but in this case, 3K on the odo seems a tab bit early for such a feel).
Old 16th April 2009, 00:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I agree with that. Somehow I feel its got something to do with the air filter.
It definitely is weird, as we always hear about a car running a lot smoother & the engine feeling rejuvinated after a service (but in this case, 3K on the odo seems a tab bit early for such a feel).
it depends what you call a service

For most Maruti dealers, service is all about adding wiper fluid, coolant and checking blubs.

Thats why I tend to do real service separately myself - for example adding new oil and air filter which can be done at any small shop
Old 16th April 2009, 02:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
it depends what you call a service

For most Maruti dealers, service is all about adding wiper fluid, coolant and checking blubs.

Thats why I tend to do real service separately myself - for example adding new oil and air filter which can be done at any small shop
I would imagine the above mentioned to be done in a 3k service. Oil & filter change.Check tires, top up other fluids. What else is done on a car thats relatively new?
Old 20th April 2009, 10:35   #19
BHPian

Tried the disconnect-battery-rev-hard method but didn't help. Also checked the air filter and it is super-clean.

Also, I am not expecting swift to have pickup like a Civic or NHC but I am comparing it to how it was before the service and right now. It is only a problem when the car is fully loaded. I have to press the throttle all the way to get it moving in 1st/2nd gear after a speed breaker. It was never this bad.

Another trip to the service station and this time I will make others to sit inside and then try to explain the problem :(
Old 20th April 2009, 23:41   #20
BHPian

I am intrigued. Do keep updating. Have you completely ruled out bad fuel and clogged injectors?
Experts, any opinions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks