Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 17:07   #1
BHPian

2 problems with Santro Zip plus!!!

Dear all,

While coming from a recent trip to a near by "jungle" 200 km away to Ahmedabad, my 6 year old santro Zip plus was having some problem. (run only for 38K km in 6 years, well maintained, no ruff use).

while returning in the intense heat, just after reaching the city (full AC on), the acceleration was decreased significantly. After stopping a car for cooling down (though indicator was not showing overheating) the car failed to start. Another 15 minutes have passed and car started again and functioned normally.

The mechanic is saying that Fuel pump is aged out and because of overheating, engine is not getting enough fuel. He also told me that, if you switch off AC, car will run smoothly, but because of faulty fuel pump, with AC on, car will have the same problem (in case of long run).

He suggested to change the fuel pump and servicing of the whole system including condenser. He quoted 750 for Fuel pump + servicing cost.

Today also car is absolutely normal (even with full AC on).

There is an another ignition problem; at the signals, i am routinely switching off the car, but while starting the car, sometimes car is not starting at all. (moving the keys will not make any sound) after few seconds of wait, car will start instantly when ignited.

So, guys please help me out, what is the real problem? What should i do?
Old 27th April 2009, 17:25   #2
BHPian

I had a similar problem with my Palio. Turned out to be a faulty Air Temp sensor. Get it checked at Hyundai A.S.S. The fuel pump is also suspect, as is the ignition coil and alternator. Rule them out one by one. Are you also getting erratic idling/ missing? All the best, dude...
Old 27th April 2009, 18:12   #3
BHPian

Thanks anurag

I am not getting any erratic idling / missing.

after starting santro is butter smooth.

Just the occasional start problem, and this new acceleration problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks