Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2005, 10:10   #1
BHPian

Whats eRLX

hey guyz...what have hyundai come up with in the new santro xing seems to be some eRLX ....technlogy
Old 27th May 2005, 10:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

i guess they upgraded their engines with a 32 bit ecu,hence the name change.
Old 27th May 2005, 12:09   #3
BHPian

its like DTSI given to pulsar from bajaj peoples..............
Old 27th May 2005, 12:27   #4

Hi Guys,
he “Active Intelligence” technology empowers the engine to think and operate at its best under any usage condition, delivering maximum power and mileage.

RHiA TM (Rotary Head Intelligent Valve Actuator) is a cool customer. It does the job of opening and closing the valves with effortless ease, delivering more power while reducing the engine work load. Because of this the engine heats up less and gets more life. Add to this the thin section low-friction piston rings reduce mechanical load, Plus wear and tear.DPiI TM (Differentially Programmed Intelligent Injection) reads your mind. It feeds the engine with fuel differently under different driving requirements, delivering the best power and mileage from the engine. During rapid acceleration, when more power is required, injectors are pulsed in groups of two at a time. At cruise, injectors sequentially deliver fuel to the cylinders as per the firing order, thereby delivering the best of mileage.

RTiI TM (Real Time Intelligent Ignition) never misses a trick. It determines the perfect time to ignite the fuel and air mixture under any condition. Instead of fixed ignition curves in normal programmed ECUs, the RTiI reads the quality of fuel and your mind, changing the ignition timing accordingly to deliver perfect combustion. Resulting in superb mileage, power and ultra-low emissions.

Source: www.santroxing.com

Basically old wine in new bottle. But the new car comes with a slightly higher torque at 9.8 Kgm @ 3000 rpm. The earlier one generated 9.1 kgms. Hope this slightly higher power does not translate into lesser mileage!!
Old 27th May 2005, 13:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Read in local newpapaper that, Hyundai dealer in Pune organized a small rally of 72 km in Pune (I guess, for eRLX promotion) and awarded those getting best mileage from their machines. From what I read, the top FE was 27.3 kmpl and rally average was 25.xx.
Old 27th May 2005, 14:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Read in local newpapaper that, Hyundai dealer in Pune organized a small rally of 72 km in Pune (I guess, for eRLX promotion) and awarded those getting best mileage from their machines. From what I read, the top FE was 27.3 kmpl and rally average was 25.xx.
27.3kmpl......... Was it a car rally or a motorcycle rally..
Old 27th May 2005, 15:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
27.3kmpl......... Was it a car rally or a motorcycle rally..
I suspect even my RX135 sometimes gives lesser FE than that One good reason why I hate to measure my vehicle's FE.
Old 27th May 2005, 15:25   #8
Team-BHP Support

Actually in FE rallys cars often avg 30+. Infact a skoda got 40, with ZenD(37) and indica(34). The petrol cars maxed out around 30 probably.
Old 7th July 2005, 21:13   #9

Santro Xing or the new ERLX Xing

Has any BHPian had any road tests of the new ERLX santro xing ?

I had a talk with one dealer today who claims that the ERLX engine improves FE and would give between 15-16km/ltr in city and around 18 on the highway.

Please post your opinions on this. A friend of mine wants to decide between the ERLX xing and the old xing. The deciding factor is the price. the old xing is having free insurance while the ERLX xing has no discounts at all.
Old 7th July 2005, 22:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

15-16kmpl in city is rubbish...

11-12kmpl seems more like it. Why go for an older xing when theres a newer version available?

Drifter
Old 7th July 2005, 23:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

i have to agree with drifter

forget FE part for a min
the eRLX model is NEW than old Xing meaning better engine
so it will be worth paying that extra premium

& now back to FE 15 - 16 kmpl?
in wonderland yes
in india no.
Old 9th July 2005, 03:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend just purchased the eRLX Santro recently and has driven it for about 400kms.He is getting an FE of 13kmpl.The car is still in its running-in period.Will know the figures much better once he finishes 3k odd kms.
16kmpl seems too much.Hyundai always boasts about its figures.And with the Swift selling like hot cake now,they will do it even more.

X
Old 9th July 2005, 03:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

The new model will also have better resale than the old one.
Old 9th July 2005, 10:16   #14
BANNED

Guys,

Was at the Hyundai service center yesterday. Spoke to my friend who is the head supervisor there and asked him about the new santro. He said it is just mktg gimmicary. They have made some changes to the catlytic convertor for better FE thats all. The engine and ecm are the same.

Viper
Old 12th October 2005, 12:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Guys,

Was at the Hyundai service center yesterday. Spoke to my friend who is the head supervisor there and asked him about the new santro. He said it is just mktg gimmicary. They have made some changes to the catlytic convertor for better FE thats all. The engine and ecm are the same.

Viper
think he is wrong.

the supervisor here at tvm said and showed me teh diff.

1. extra sound deadeners
2. newer air intake for volumetric efficiency

do correct me if i am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks