Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 13:57   #1
BHPian

Strange Heating Problem in 2002 model santro Pls..... help

I am using 2002 model Santo ZipPlus LP. It has done 97000 km with full AC on.
From last month, particularly during summer, whenever I drive more than 1 hour, it stops all of a sudden with jerks seems like due to over-heated engine. After the sudden halt I could able to switch the engine on but it's not moving. To move it again the car needs to be parked offroad for around 30/45mins.
Initially this problem was coming with AC on. Recently, I am facing this issue without using AC also.
Note: Vehicle is serviced in regular intervals and last service was done @ 95000.
Coolant levels are adequate and there is no leakage.
No abnormalities in Temparature meter
I have visited no of auth service centres.But couldn't got any solution/rootcause so far.
Request you all to throw some light on this and advice me
Thank You
Old 16th May 2009, 06:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

You need to write to Hyundai regarding this if no one is able to help you regarding your problem.

I do not know what the solution is, BUT it may be a serious problem.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:33   #3
BHPian

HI has has the ECU been checked for any fault codes ? I did a google and it could be air / fuel mix ratio.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Very unlikely that it is due to an over heating engine though, difficult to diagnose without an inspection. If the ECU is suspect, why don't you do a soft 'reboot' of the same and check. Please go through this thread on how to do a soft reset of the ECU - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...resetting.html

Last edited by kannan666 : 16th May 2009 at 14:18.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:51   #5
BANNED

Looks like an overheating engine. Please look if the radiator fan is working, a few minutes after the engine is switched on.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Looks like an overheating engine. Please look if the radiator fan is working, a few minutes after the engine is switched on.
But he says there are no abnormalities in the temperature guage and he also says the that the authorised service centre has checked the vehicle. I am sure that the service centre would have suspected engine overheating becuase of the symptoms and this (the temperature guage) would have been the first thing that they checked for correctness and accuracy !
Old 16th May 2009, 23:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Check the radiator when the car is cold, it most probably is empty.
Leaking Hosepipes will leak all the radiator water and the lack of vaccume will not cause water from the coolant tank to be sucked in the radiator and the coolant tank will still show as full

Conform the level of water in the radiator.

Caution: WHEN THE CAR IS COLD AND NOT HOT.PLEASE DONOT EVEN THINK ABOUT OPENING THE RADIATOR WHEN ITS HOT!
Old 17th May 2009, 00:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Check the radiator when the car is cold, it most probably is empty.
Leaking Hosepipes will leak all the radiator water and the lack of vaccume will not cause water from the coolant tank to be sucked in the radiator and the coolant tank will still show as full

Conform the level of water in the radiator.
Very elementary this but that also just might be the problem here that the A.S.S failed to check ! And if there is no water / coolant in the radiator, I guess the temperature guage will not work as the sensor is actually monitoring the temperature of the water / coolant circulating in the radiator !
Old 17th May 2009, 00:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Very elementary this but that also just might be the problem here that the A.S.S failed to check ! And if there is no water / coolant in the radiator, I guess the temperature guage will not work as the sensor is actually monitoring the temperature of the water / coolant circulating in the radiator !
Exactly, Thats why i suggestested to check the radiator for water.His symtoms point towards an overheating engine and without anything in the water jackets, the needle wont show overheating!

Had this problem in a relatives santro, and his temperature needle used to take ages to wake up and never showed any overheating until the engine would shut down on its own!
Old 17th May 2009, 03:53   #10
BHPian

This sounds like thermostat sensor fault. Check that out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks