Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 23:27   #1
BHPian

Acceleration in Toyota Corolla

I have a Corolla 2004, odo reading 31500 km. Well maintained, regularly serviced. Of late, I feel a little (very little) vibration when I try and accelerate quickly from 10 km/h to 40-50 km/h in the 1st and 2nd gear.
After that acceleration is smooth and nice.

Could this be due to the stock tyres on Corolla? RE88? I am not too pleased with them, which is the feeling which I guess all other Corolla owners feel. They are crap - will changing tyres to a Michelin, Yoko or a better Bridgestone help?

Otherwise the current tyre alignment and balancing is perfect.

Any help by fellow owners will be much appreciated.

Regards
Abhishek
Old 17th May 2009, 01:03   #2
BHPian

The vibration could be due to the clutch. The pre-facelifted versions do tend to have a slight clutch shudder. You could contact the A S S who can try adjusting your clutch to avoid this problem.
Old 17th May 2009, 09:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek3030 View Post
I have a Corolla 2004, odo reading 31500 km. Well maintained, regularly serviced. Of late, I feel a little (very little) vibration when I try and accelerate quickly from 10 km/h to 40-50 km/h in the 1st and 2nd gear.
After that acceleration is smooth and nice.

Could this be due to the stock tyres on Corolla? RE88? I am not too pleased with them, which is the feeling which I guess all other Corolla owners feel. They are crap - will changing tyres to a Michelin, Yoko or a better Bridgestone help?

Otherwise the current tyre alignment and balancing is perfect.

Any help by fellow owners will be much appreciated.

Regards
Abhishek
I believe it's your clutch. Though a hydraulic clutch is self adjusting it is good to have it checked every once in a while after you cross 30K kms.

I think the BS Potenza 195/60 RE88 tyres are not the best but adequate for the car. You can definitely get better shoes. There are many tyre experts here on TBHP who will be happy to suggest. From what I have read, Michelin is a favourite.

Regards,

Regards,
Old 29th May 2009, 11:23   #4
BHPian

Thanks - actually got the clutch checked. It is fine as of now, the station folks tell me. Also, the slight shudder happens when I have pulled off the clutch pedal completely - so the clutch is actually disengaged when this happens

I think it could be a bit due to suspension issues. Any thoughts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks