Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 23:13   #1
BHPian

Issue of Brakes in Ford Endeavour

I took a delivery of ford endeavor 3.0 2 days ago, i have already clocked 1000 Kms on it. I have been noticing a huge difference in the braking of endeavor i just bought and the endeavor i had before. I am not comparing it with any other cars to make it simple.

There is a huge difference, meaning, i have to press the pedal alot more to stop the car. Infact today, while i was braking, i wasnt able to stop at the red light on time, though my speed was around 80, i had applied enough pressure.

I will be getting the car checked within the next few days, as the first service due at 1500 KMs anyways. What my question is, if i can add anything to the car to make the brakes more stronger? Are there any modifications available for extra brakes?
Old 26th May 2009, 04:10   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Normally, the brakes are also supposed to be runin before they get to their full efficiency. Having said that, I haven't seen relatively weak brakes on new cars, they are normally good.

Just need to get those checked I guess. And if they are fine, it's just a matter of getting used to.
Old 26th May 2009, 12:33   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I presume it's just a matter of getting the right settings. At the first service, have your engineer check the master cylinder, booster & pedal play. Though the chances are slim, wouldn't hurt to check for vacuum leaks as well.

Don't forget to compare with another Endeavour in the workshop.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

d3adlythegame,

Was the pedal hard to press? Was it mushy? Was the feel normal, but braking just bad?

cya
R
Old 26th May 2009, 16:24   #5
BHPian

Dude, Did you got your PDi done OK.

This seems a typical case where Brake fluid is not up to the mark. Pls check immediately!!!!
Old 26th May 2009, 21:25   #6
BHPian

The break pedal was normal to press, it felt right. The braking was bad.

Samtheleo, i think its the brake fluid as well, the car will be going in for service in the coming week as service is due on 1500 Kms, ill get it checked.

Or should i just go and get checked it now ?
Old 26th May 2009, 22:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

If the braking issue is really serious, then you must get it done as soon as possible. We all are aware of the Indian operating conditions where sudden braking or emergency braking is the norm.

As far as running in considered, even tyres need some running in. Considering that the tyres were new, for the first 200-300 kms the tyres wont perform in optimum manner, but then you have covered 1000 kms, so running in of tyres is also not the matter, neither is any component related to braking.

IIRC, if the pedal feel is not proper there is some problem related to pressure and fluid. I might be wrong here though. Get your car checked if barking is not confidence inspiring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks