Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 23:03   #1
BHPian

wiper arm troubles in new UVA

Hi,

I just so happened today that while driving from Gurgaon to Delhi. It was drizzling and the windshield wiper were set to "int" position. All of a sudden i see that the wiper arms are stuck midway and dont come to default position. I tried to run them in slow and fast mode and turn them off but they still did not rest at default position. They work fine, but its just that they dont stop at the place where they should ideally do

I had to stop and manully bring them to default position.

Any idea what can be wrong. I noted that the wiper arms can be freely moved by hand on the windscreen. Is it ever so like that?

I have to travel out of town tomorrow morning and dont have time to get that inspected. Pls share your views on why it can happen.

Mods:- I did not find this issue in the forum, so initiated a thread. Kinldy move if desired.

Regards
Ujjwal
Old 29th May 2009, 23:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

The wiper arm nut needs to be tightened. No biggie
Old 29th May 2009, 23:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yup! nitrous is right!

U-VA's wipers tend to loosen a bit!
My mom's UVA has a tendency to get her rear wiper loose often. I have to tighten it like every 2-3 months.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:37   #4
BHPian

I went to Autovikas Dwarka and it was found that Wiper Motor is at fault. They did not have the spare part so have ordered one from their branch in Motinagar and i hope to get that by today evening or tomorrow morning.

It will be replaced free of cost as it is covered under company warranty. :-)

I shall update once it done. I will also post a snap of faulty motor. I saw something leaking from the motor sides.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks