Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:39   #1
BHPian

Retrofitment Of Electric ORVM's in WagonR

I wanted to fit the electrically adjustable OVRM's into my Wagon R Lxi.

I have got the mirrors for both sides.Although i am still awaiting the controller.

Wanted to know what else do i require and by any chance are there any hurdles in the fitment.Wiring and all etc .

Please guide me.
I will post the pictures of the mirrors shortly showing the connectors.

I sourced the mirrors directly from the vendor.Would the other spares required be available in the market or do i need to source them directly from vendors/maruti.

If i can get the part numbers of the other spares ,it would be highly beneficial.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd June 2009 at 18:46. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read through our board rules carefully, Thanks
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:21   #2
BHPian

Help. Anyone here to guide me for the process.
Old 22nd June 2009, 16:47   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I have been looking forward to fit the electric ORVMs for my 2006 Wagon-R since a long time. I was refused the part when I enquired at MASS in Bangalore. They had even refused the new 3 spoke steering wheel (which I later got fitted after much arguments). The old steering is too thin is what I feel.

Coming back to the topic, I think these can be fitted easily without a mess. The controller switch will be placed on the dash (where the headlamp level switch is) and if you remove the Steering Enclosure by unscrewing 3 screws below the steering, you can easily access this switch board on the right side and fit the controller.

Externally, There are 2 (or 3) holes which come as standard and these mirrors can fit in without any issue. There is also a big round hole from where you can put the wires and through the door panels take route them into the dash (on either sides) .

Regarding wiring, I think this will require a power and a ground (Should be easy to wind the ground wires with other wires linked to the ground. For power, you may either have to locate a wire or source it through the battery (not a good option). Also keep in mind to install a fuse between the power source and the mirror control switch.

I assume that the switch (L,R as well as that Adjustment button) will have their own wiring and sockets to attach them into coming from both the ORVMs.

Also, how much did these mirrors cost you? (Just the mirror, Motor or the whole set)
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes. You can very well do it. It’s better if you visit any maruti surakshaa car center.
MASS are very lousy fellows, they just simply deny in doing anything.
You need to purchase the whole assembly (Mirrors, Left & Right switch controller & wiring kit)
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:19   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Yes. You can very well do it. It’s better if you visit any maruti surakshaa car center.
MASS are very lousy fellows, they just simply deny in doing anything.
You need to purchase the whole assembly (Mirrors, Left & Right switch controller & wiring kit)
Hi Ram,

Would like to know if you have any idea regarding the cost as I've been intending to install them on mine since a long time only to get a denial from all the MASS's.

I know a place that deals with counter sale of MGPs in Bangalore but was wondering what they might cost. Have been hearing different prices from various sources.

Appreciate your help if you are informed about the query.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
They had even refused the new 3 spoke steering wheel (which I later got fitted after much arguments). The old steering is too thin is what I feel.
Hi, how did you get the steering wheel? How much did it cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I sourced the mirrors directly from the vendor.
- How did you manage this?

Do update how it goes. I am looking at having the electric OVRM in my Wagon R as well.

Last edited by johy : 23rd June 2009 at 16:25.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:34   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi, how did you get the steering wheel? How much did it cost?

- How did you manage this?

Do update how it goes. I am looking at having the electric OVRM in my Wagon R as well.

I always kept asking them as I Knew it will certainly fit but they kept refusing, both, in Bangalore and Pune. I was wondering why but finally insisted that I get one and they managed.

The 3 spoke wheel (without the silver paint) cost me 950/- and then Steering wheel cap with the Suzuki logo cost me 54/-. I would say, worth it as opposed to that thin steering wheel of the previous generation Wagon-R.

Meanwhile, I willl also check for the price of the Electric ORVMs some time this week from two places who do counter sales in Bangalore for MGPs. Fingers crossed (for the total price ).
Fitting, with proper tools and knowledge of electricals of the car should be an easy task.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd June 2009 at 16:36.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:44   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 3 spoke wheel (without the silver paint) cost me 950/- and then Steering wheel cap with the Suzuki logo cost me 54/-. I would say, worth it as opposed to that thin steering wheel of the previous generation Wagon-R. - Agreed;the old steering wheel is "bakwaas".The MGP dealer quoted some Rs.1400 for the Estilo Beige steering wheel to a friend

Meanwhile, I willl also check for the price of the Electric ORVMs some time this week from two places who do counter sales in Bangalore for MGPs. Fingers crossed (for the total price ).

Do you get Electric ORVMs as MGP?I doubt.

Last edited by vigsom : 24th June 2009 at 22:45. Reason: post "emboldened"
Old 24th June 2009, 22:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I wanted to fit the electrically adjustable OVRM's into my Wagon R Lxi.

I have got the mirrors for both sides.Although i am still awaiting the controller.

I sourced the mirrors directly from the vendor.Would the other spares required be available in the market or do i need to source them directly from vendors/maruti.
I too have been waiting to replace the ORVM mirrors in my WagonR Lxi to the Vxi ones, but without the electronics, I just wanted the mirrors. I enquired at several shops and MASS, but nobody stocks it.

Have you got the mirrors without the mirror, if yes from where and how much , please let us know.
Old 25th June 2009, 08:36   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Do you get Electric ORVMs as MGP?I doubt.
I dont think why one shouldn't expect these ORVMs as MGP when everything else is available.

Moreover, these dealers source it out from the vendor who would also be supplying this to the MASS as well.

I don't want to call these folks (MGP dealers) and enquire but rather want to personally visit and seek details and I am sure, if not in stock, they will source it from the vendor on request.

Regarding 1400 for the beige steering wheel, probably that might be the price for the color. What I have got it the one that comes as standard in today's Wagon-R Lxi in plain grey, and hence the lesser price.

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th June 2009 at 08:38.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:14   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Just enquired at Neema (Authorized MGP dealer in Bangalore) about the Electric ORVMs for the Wagon-R. I was quoted something around 5500-6000 INR which included both the ORVMs as well as the Electric Motors (2 Nos) and the control switch.

I reconfirmed with the chap if it meant the whole assembly that included all of the above and he nodded in assertive.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:25   #12
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just enquired at Neema (Authorized MGP dealer in Bangalore)
Is this the guy on JC Road? I've also heard of another place that deals with OTC spares (Essar?) on JC Road. You can just try checking with him on the prices as well, just to be sure.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:42   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Is this the guy on JC Road? I've also heard of another place that deals with OTC spares (Essar?) on JC Road. You can just try checking with him on the prices as well, just to be sure.
gpa, I was aware of Essar but today I had been to Mandovi's body shop in Yeshwantpur to enquire about a remote boor release kit and they advised me to check out at Neema which is on MAGADI ROAD (Next to Anekar Motors - MASS).

Though the boot release kit was not in stock, I casually enquired about these mirrors and got the response. Like you said, I would like to check this out at Essar as well but I do remember the Mandovi folks telling me once that a single ORVM (Mirror and body) itself will cost around 2500 INR and if that is the case, a pair of mirrors, 2 motors and a swicth assembly should add another 1500 making the whole kit available for 6500 INR!!

Would like to visit Essar tomorrow. Btw, Where exacly on JC Road is this?
Old 28th July 2009, 15:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ram,

Would like to know if you have any idea regarding the cost as I've been intending to install them on mine since a long time only to get a denial from all the MASS's.

I know a place that deals with counter sale of MGPs in Bangalore but was wondering what they might cost. Have been hearing different prices from various sources.

Appreciate your help if you are informed about the query.
Really sorry for the late reply.
when I enquired in suraksha near Bommanhalli they have Quoted the price of 7500 including the labour.

For any help pm me.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:03   #15

guys, know anyone in blr who will make the orvm's on my optra electrically retractable - cheaper than the dealer ? have got estimates upwards of 10k from the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks